Total Full Cover MEGADETH "Symphony of Destruction"

thomas bressel

Hello, it's been a long time I haven't posted anything since my cover of Metallica, I worked a lot on vocal things, so here is my latest cover, normally i did progress compared to the last one, even though there's probably still imperfections:

For those who want separate tracks I graciously share them to you :) You can download in my facebook albums (public) here:
https://www.facebook.com/thomasbressel.guitarist

because !

... no seriously, this video, (like the previous ones) is posted to get advices or different ears.
I'd like to know what's wrong with my singing parts, for exemple i don't understand what's wrong with the long notes before the chorus part ... i can't tell but i hear there is something ... weird ... so ...

Hi,
I've had a look at your video. And since you wanted some feedback on your singing...here goes :-)
There are parts in the song when your diction is lovely and clear, which considering the genre is actually quite a difficult thing to achieve. Well done!! I think it might be helpful to you to work on blending the registers, and in the first minute or so I noticed that there is a little bit of a change in color from your chest voice to your middle. Its important in your genre (in order not to damage your voice) to keep a very wide open throat, particularly on the more "gravel-ee" phrases. You don't want to put your vocal chords under too much pressure. I think you have quite a good sense of what you want to achieve vocally...and I can see in the video that there are many examples of you using your voice and mouth well. Just be a little careful of your breathing...and I suspect that is causing the unsettled sound just before the chorus......sometimes the sound is a bit breathy and that affects the quality of sound. Its funny, I'am an Opera and Folk singer....but I've had students in this genre before. My best advise is to be careful to use your voice well, and to protect it...as an aggressive genre like this can cause vocal problems later in...but not always, if you use your voice well :-) I subscribed to your channel. I'am quite new to youtube, although I have a few video tutorials and songs up. Please feel free to take a look....

I'm positively surprised by the vocals. Suitable timbre of voice for the style and generally good singing. A little pitchy a few places but almost not noticeable.

I think the guitars (and the mix) would sound better if you bumped the mids of the guitars a bit. Don't get me wrong, it sounds very good as it is.

Other than that, I would bring down the level of the last words, "of destruction", as they seem a bit too loud standing alone.

Just realized I'm in the vocal section of the site. Feel free to ignore everything mentioned not related to the vocals :)

Hi,
I've had a look at your video. And since you wanted some feedback on your singing...here goes :-)
There are parts in the song when your diction is lovely and clear, which considering the genre is actually quite a difficult thing to achieve. Well done!! I think it might be helpful to you to work on blending the registers, and in the first minute or so I noticed that there is a little bit of a change in color from your chest voice to your middle. Its important in your genre (in order not to damage your voice) to keep a very wide open throat, particularly on the more "gravel-ee" phrases. You don't want to put your vocal chords under too much pressure. I think you have quite a good sense of what you want to achieve vocally...and I can see in the video that there are many examples of you using your voice and mouth well. Just be a little careful of your breathing...and I suspect that is causing the unsettled sound just before the chorus......sometimes the sound is a bit breathy and that affects the quality of sound. Its funny, I'am an Opera and Folk singer....but I've had students in this genre before. My best advise is to be careful to use your voice well, and to protect it...as an aggressive genre like this can cause vocal problems later in...but not always, if you use your voice well :-) I subscribed to your channel. I'am quite new to youtube, although I have a few video tutorials and songs up. Please feel free to take a look....

Ok i understand, in fact, to preserve my voice, I go down the diaphragm down and opens the mouth as much as I can to create a "against pressure" (?) (it seems that it avoids tired voice) ... but I do not always control that and not all the time, it's sometimes good and sometimes it is not, so do you think the quality of my long note depend of this mechanism?

I'm positively surprised by the vocals. Suitable timbre of voice for the style and generally good singing. A little pitchy a few places but almost not noticeable.

I think the guitars (and the mix) would sound better if you bumped the mids of the guitars a bit. Don't get me wrong, it sounds very good as it is.

Other than that, I would bring down the level of the last words, "of destruction", as they seem a bit too loud standing alone.

Just realized I'm in the vocal section of the site. Feel free to ignore everything mentioned not related to the vocals :)

It doesn't matter paw1 ;) i take all constructive advices, so thank you ;)

As a bass player, I would have been bored to TEARS playing that song.
You hit the voice very well. Nothing new to add. :D

Back