Top VST/DXi

circle x

I am interested in what you all consider, "every project," VST pluggins. I have sorted through about 500 VST's in the past years and have only kept a few in my, "must use," arsenal. Here is my list:

Waves Rcomp
Waves Linear Multi band
Waves L2
Waves Shuffler
Waves MaxxBass
BBE Sonic Maximizer
PSP 608

Recently:
Sonar LP 64 EQ
Sonar Vintage Channel
Sonitus Reverb
Waves SSL Stereo EQ
Waves SSL Comp
Waves Raxx

Well, I just use freeware plugs, but the ones I always use are:

Classic Compressor
Electri-Q (Freeware)
Glaceverb
Classic Delay

Currently still loving the Voxengo Voxformer - it's my one true "Go-to" VST. I don't think I've done a project without it in over a year.

I'm falling quite in love with Audio Damage's Reverence (or whatever it's called now) reverb. Cheap as chips, but simply gorgeous.

And, of course, Autotune was a "go-to" - until I decided to shell out for Melodyne. Jeez. Stunning. Why did I wait for so long?

And I've got some nice pricey VST comps, but I still go for Antress' nasty 1176 emulation. No idea if it sounds like a real one, but is squashes like a fat man in an iron suit. Great on drum buses.

Oh - and pick of the bunch? Graham Yeadon's freeware GVST G-Tune. Just a simple guitar tuner, but so damn handy.

UAD Plate 140
UAD LA2A
UAD 1176LN

Do you use the UAD-1? I have been looking at the UAD line. How does it perform and is it really "on the level," when it comes to professional sound?

Do you use the UAD-1? I have been looking at the UAD line. How does it perform and is it really "on the level," when it comes to professional sound?

well, I've been looking to get UAD for awhile and since the UAD2 came out the UAD-1 prices are more than reasonable. I figured now was the time and I do not regret the decision at all.

I havent touced the Waves RComp and RVerb since I got the Plate 140 & LA2A/1176LN ... definately worth it IMHO

the Neve 88RS channel strip is also awesome

I sold my Waves licenses after I tried the UAD card. Makes Waves a comparative joke, IMO (as if they needed any help).

Although admittedly, I miss X-Hum...

I sold my Waves licenses after I tried the UAD card. Makes Waves a comparative joke, IMO (as if they needed any help).

Although admittedly, I miss X-Hum...

Yeah, I like the x-hum, x-click, and x-noise. although, with the LP-64 that comes with Sonar, I can do a pretty good surgical hum removal. I really may just throw down on the UAD-1e. I know the UAD-2 is out but I really can't see me needing that much power right now. Plus, you can run the cards together so if I need another one, I will just buy one. I really want to try the Neve 88RS and the Fairchild.

Have you compared these to the SSL 4000 plugs? I am in love with the E-Channel so if these are comparable or better, I am sold!

Back