Top of the World

Never heard the tune before.

Sounds good, though.

My only nit is the drumkit, it sounds a bit agressive for this style.
I think the crash cymbal is distorting a bit.

Maybe the bass could come up a bit more as well.

Well played and sung:)

Never heard the tune before.

Sounds good, though.

My only nit is the drumkit, it sounds a bit agressive for this style.
I think the crash cymbal is distorting a bit.

Maybe the bass could come up a bit more as well.

Well played and sung:)
Thanks for the comments......yeah...the drums are a bit over the top! I've tried to bring up the bass but, it rumbles a bit so I decided to keep it low.....don't know if there is anything i can do with it really.

Thanks for the comments......yeah...the drums are a bit over the top! I've tried to bring up the bass but, it rumbles a bit so I decided to keep it low.....don't know if there is anything i can do with it really.

Gerg taught me, to lower the kick around 400hz quite, push the bass up at the same frequenzy.
I usualy set the Q a little wide, try messin around with it, may be it shines through:)

That's a cool version of the Dixie Chicks there, it works well as a rocked out song. I didn't recognize the title at first but I've heard it many times, my Mrs. is a big fan of theirs.
Good job dudes!

That's a cool version of the Dixie Chicks there, it works well as a rocked out song. I didn't recognize the title at first but I've heard it many times, my Mrs. is a big fan of theirs.
Good job dudes!
Thanks man....i was wondering if anyone here had hears the tune before.

Haven't heard the original but I like what you've done with this one. Bass is sometimes hard to mix....don't I know it! :rolleyes::D

I know you've heard it before but it bears repeating. You have a great voice for your genre-of-choice! Rich and full...melodious :).

The drums seem a bit rushed at times tempo-wise and perhaps a little dry and crispy sounding for this type of tune. I find the chorus sound to be an odd choice here, but I guess I am just anti-chorus in general.

Overall it is fun and the singing is great. I too am completely unfamiliar with this tune. The only thing I know about these chix is their politics. :)

I've heard the original, and I have to say, good job man.

I agree with everyone else about the drums, but other than that...I dig it.

You've got a great voice, Jay!
Nice guitar work, bass sounds fine to me and I love the vocal harmonies. Drums could maybe sound a bit more natural, there's a double hit on the kick like every 8 bars or something that sometimes sounds a bit out of time, but maybe it's late at night and I'm tired.......:D. Recording sounds crystal clear. Well done!

Joe :):):):)

Back