Took out 1010. Put in MOTU 2408. Problems ensue...

trogdor

I just upgraded from my Delta 1010 to a MOTU 2408 MKII for the digital I/O, and haven't gotten the damn thing to work yet.

I uninstalled the 1010, took out the card, and put the motu card into the same slot...I installed the most recent drivers, and when I rebooted I looked in the device manager and for the MOTU 324 card it said something like "this device cannot find enough available resources. You must disable another device for this one to work."

I tried it in the other slots, but none of them worked. I uninstalled the hardware for the 1010, but I have a feeling the drivers might still be out there messin with stuff. The little M-Audio control panel still boots up on my windows taskbar, and there's no uninstall for it when i go to the "add/remove software" dialogue.

Does this sound like a device conflict? Is there some way I can go into the registry and remove my computer's knowledge of the 1010 card? Or maybe it's something else...

Okay, now there's another problem. My PC isn't even SEEING the MOTU card when I put it in and power up. The install hardware wizard came up the first couple times. But now nothing. I put the delta card back in and the wizard came up upon booting. WTF?

Go here:
http://www.m-audio.com/support/driversearch.php

enter Delta 1010 for the device/product
and choose your OS

download the driver on the top.
Once it's downloaded extract the files, go to where you extracted the files and click the 'DeltaUninstaller.exe" and follow that. This should do the trick for you as for removing the Delta 1010

good luck with the 2408

what's your PC set-up?
that could be the issue in itself the motherboard...

I did a search at Unicornation (NF7) and google with (NF7 + 2408 + motu)

and didn't find anyone talking about a problem with the 2408 and the Abit NF7 board, but I didn't find anyone list it as their current set-up either.

that's about all I can do as far as helping out- I myself don't have a 2408.
I've been reading up on it and the 828mkii myself trying to see if there's problems with them and my MB (A7n8X-Deluxe)
I have read problems with my MB and the 2408 324 and 424 card- so I probably can't run that set-up.

good luck, and make sure to post the solution when you find it (I hope)

Well, thanks alot for your help. I'll let you know when (if) i get to the bottom of it. I'm about to heave this thing out my window at the moment. (i'm sure you've been there)

I think the Delta uninstaller helped get rid of some things, but it's still not seeing the MOTU card when I boot up. Maybe a reinstall of windows will help...

I think that MAYBE the reason that the install wizard isn't coming up is because windows thinks that it's already installed. Of course, it's not in the device manager...

Does anyone know if it's possible for something like this to be in the registry from a previous install and prevent the installer from coming up?

Well, if anybody cares...I fixed it.

I not exactly sure how. I had a few beers, cursed a few blue streaks, and tweaked a few BIOS settings somewhere between it all. Something about "enable high PCI performance". Which makes sense, because the 2408 seems to take up a LOT resources on the PCI train. I also disabled my motherboard's onboard soundcard. maybe that was the solution. Oh well, I'm not gonna look this gift horse in the mouth.

My computer narrowly escaped a heave from the second story of my building...this time.

Apparently you had an IRQ sharing/shortage problem.
Glad you fixed it!
Now back to music.

BTW, how do you find the MOTU compared to 1010?

Back