Too Many Guitars??

And I finally do, actually, have too many guitars. 95% of them are cheap crap that I should get rid of and get one or two more semi-nice guitars.

When you can't remember all of your guitars, or even how many you have, you have too many.

I have too many.

Ok BH, you lost me. I saw an ugly guitar (especially the lime green) that have a unique design, but where are the interchageable pickups or electronics? :confused:

I made this video when I was at NAMM one year..... was just showing you the modular guitar idea....ya, they are ugly.

That's very cool, but aren't they using 6 screws into wood? That is a system bound to fail when you've changed out 10 or 12 times and the holes start to wallow out...Metal on metal quick lock system might have been better. Anyway, I haven't seen anything like what I'm describing, so maybe I should patent the idea.

That's very cool, but aren't they using 6 screws into wood? That is a system bound to fail when you've changed out 10 or 12 times and the holes start to wallow out...Metal on metal quick lock system might have been better. Anyway, I haven't seen anything like what I'm describing, so maybe I should patent the idea.

Threaded metal inserts. Also if you use the right thread and cut the pilot hole correctly you can pull a screw and rethread into the timber hundreds of times.

Cool. I had a bass once...had a hard time keeping the pick cover on. Guess they didn't do a good job! :D

There is no such thing as too many guitars or amplifiers, only too little room. I have many of both, but, like Greg_L, I too, find amplifiers much more interesting. Lately I've found I've collected many mini amps, or weird amps, such as a micro Cortez 1/2 watt, a fairly rare Epiphone EP-1: a well made, attractive 1 watt tweed, and a rare large Sears 500G: a loud, warm 12" speaker with about 14 watts solid state. Hugs...Nymphadora

I think that chart is fantastic and definitely not too long from my point of view. As an old guy now, I see my life on that page from a teenager till now and all stages in between. From no money, marriage, raising three kids, two of the kids moved out, having money now to build my man cave filled with guitars, it's absolutely hilarious. I'm gonna have to make a big copy to frame and put up on my studio wall. Thanks for sharing.

Steve Howe was interviewed in Vintage guitar... he had 130 guitars. My wife is OK with my 9 guitars.... I don't buy many these days. I am down a couple from my peak. I did just get a classical guitar which is a fun addition to my steel string acoustics...3..000-18, J-200 and J-45.

Back