Tonight Tonight

Witti007

Hi everybody,
lately I’ve been teaming up with songwriter/producer Fabian Goerg from Niteflite Music. Fabian has been creating instrumental music tracks for me and I’ve been developing the lead melodies and lyrics to go with them. I’ve never worked like this before with someone via the internet and it’s always very exciting to hear how a song “comes to life”. The song ”Tonight Tonight” is the fourth song we’ve written together, an upbeat dancefloor/pop crossover. I'd like to hear your thoughts about the mix. I always appreciate your feedback.

Take care
Robert

TONIGHT TONIGHT

Listen to me, girl
Listen to what I’ve got to say
This is my plea, girl
I’ll just tell it to you in my own way

There’s something about you
Something that I, I want you to know
I can’t live without you
I know I don’t wanna to let you go

There is magic in the air tonight
In the moonlight your eyes shine so bright

Chorus:
Tonight, tonight
I really hope you’ll listen to me
Tonight, tonight
I’ll tell you how I feel

Listen to me, girl
Listen to every word I say
Set my heart free, girl
Before this night turns into day

There’s something about you
Something that I, I want you to know
I can’t live without you
I know I don’t wanna to let you go

In the moonlight your eyes shine so bright

Chorus

I watch you dancing in the blinding light

Chorus

Music & lyrics: Fabian Goerg / Robert Baitinger
All instruments, vocals & production: Fabian Goerg

Niteflite Music & Entertainment
Rob B. Project

imho, vocals need to be louder. Also, seems like the vocals need to be fader automated to swell at key points, and then go soft again.

Pretty well done, but the instrumentation sounds so cheezy/dated, (and I like synth music) For euro pop I guess its suited, but still the strings and bass sound like a casio keyboard to me.

Hey Tonesponge,
thanks for the feedback. My first reaction was exactly the same when I first heard the final track. I also think the vocals need to be a bit louder. Good idea regarding the fader. Thanks a million.

Robert

We're still doing the overdone autoTune thing, huh?

Sound like eminently marketable drivel. I'd never buy it, but several million people with generally no taste in music probably would if it played on the right radio stations.

That being said, the mix is generally decent. There was some pretty strong sibilance on some of the vocals, and for pop music like this, it probably wouldn't hurt to have more vocal lines going on (e.g. double the melody a few times, add some harmonies, etc.)

Hi PDP,
thanks for the feedback. The overall sound might have something to to with the way SoundClick converts MP3s to their special format.

Thanks again.
Robert

Hey Oneguy,
glad you liked it. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

Hi Steve,
thanks for the tips. I'll pass them on to the producer.

All the best
Robert

Back