Tonight, the Iozotope mastering assistance suggested no EQ changes

Are you sure? I sense there is much doubt in your convictions. Give in to your hatred and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

The AI in a mastering plugin thinks my two-track is well balanced. This has never happened before, I feel like I accomplished something. Ignore the other EQ plugin that is doing automatic adjustments before Izotope, that is unrelated and in no way diminishes my achievement

I have peaked.
What are you mastering? Looks like a fair amount of LF content. iZotope's assistant always puts a low shelf boost on my mixes, which I remove :). And, do you just let it "learn" over the entire track, or choose a couple different spots and see what it does?

I like the Dynamic EQ (which you don't show), and like to see what they come up with for that over the mix or spot checking. I generally use the global EQ only a little.

(For LBS, the Maximizer is really a fancy limiter. I feel like it's pretty neutral, especially if you have the mix where you want it going on so it's not doing too much.)

I just go over the part with the most instruments involved. If it’s okay there I figure it’ll kind of balance out. I’m actually not too picky.

I also notice it likes to add a lot of sub if you let it. I’m not sure what they use for reference but it does seem a bit bass heavy. I wasn’t worried about it for this track since it sounded pretty good to me, my first thought was actually the plugin might just be broken. Big Sur did a number on them when I upgraded.

easlern , that has only happened "once" to me and I too took it as a compliment. Ozone Always wants me to cut some lows and boost from 1 to 2k. I have started loading ozone up pretty early on in a new project and just copying their EQ suggestion to a bus , then remove ozone. This has helped me get used to hearing a proper EQ as I keep building the song without competing with certain frequencys. Congrats ... mark

Back