Tone Threaders

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
Evening tone threaders.

By the time I got home I'd missed the tide. Also I ended up skateboarding to the pub so I ended up getting a bit pissed. Didn't end up having an hour on the guitar when I got in. Oh well. Soldering iron arrives tomorrow. Surf in the morning followed by wah wah mods.image.jpg

Don't want to spam the tone thread with pissed musings.

Screw the waves, that is a nice pic. :) Hopefully soon, I will be visiting Wales.

I have slight hangover. Will be getting in the sea now regardless.

At least I had the presence of mind not to spam the tone thread last night.

That's just rough chop. That looks like an average day on the Texas coast.
Yeah. It's really choppy. Bit bigger this morning but still had the wind on it.

Do you get surf as far over as Texas? a mate of mine wrote a book about surfing in the southern states and on the east coast, don't think he got as far over as Texas though

Yeah. It's really choppy. Bit bigger this morning but still had the wind on it.

Do you get surf as far over as Texas? a mate of mine wrote a book about surfing in the southern states and on the east coast, don't think he got as far over as Texas though

Yeah I used to surf down here occasionally. We don't get anything near Hawaii or California breaks, there is no riding the pipeline, but it's surfable every now and then. Mostly during the winter. The problem is the gulf coast is so shallow and flat. Waves don't have to release their energy in a gigantic bone shattering break. They just roll in as swells and pop right at the shore. I fish down there all the time and see guys on the boards waiting all day for one ride. Blah. No thanks.

But there are some good spots around Surfside, Tx. There are these two very long jetties that jut out into the gulf, and right next to one of those jetties, the water is cleaner and more organized because that jetty sort of screws up the natural washing machine roughness of the water. We get some organized breaks along that jetty sometimes. Lots of sharks there too.

Fuck that! I don't want to end up somethings lunch

It's very unlikely. Besides, they won't actually eat you. You could lose a limb or bleed to death, but you won't actually get swallowed. :laughings:

Most shark attacks are an exploratory bite. They bite things all the time just to see what it is. It sometimes ends up tragic, but the shark is just checking you out. You're on their turf. They don't want to eat people. We're not on their menu. But paddling and splashing around on a surfboard does kind of make you look like a large wounded fish from underneath. Sharks love wounded fish.

Are there no sharks of any kind up there in the UK waters? Is it too cold?

We get massive basking sharks, nothing bitey! The water gets down to 7 degrees in winter, up to 18 in summer. Need a thick wetsuit with boots, gloves and a hood in winter. Occasionally on a warm day you can get away without a suit in summer.

It's not that bad. Modern wetsuits are great. It was shite about 20 years ago.

I managed to DL montage of heck. It's good so far.

Getting back in the water in an hour or so then gonna spend the evening mashing together some edrums for a tune to smash out tomorrow.

Will post it tomorrow if I finish it

Always wanted to see Wales. One branch of the family tree emigrated from there in the late 1600's I think.

Always wanted to see Wales. One branch of the family tree emigrated from there in the late 1600's I think.
Get your arse in gear and get over to Europe then!

Montage of Heck was good. Really dark in places, pretty nasty. Good film though. You really do end up feeling that his suicide was inevitable, there's not much anyone could have done.

Get your arse in gear and get over to Europe then!

Montage of Heck was good. Really dark in places, pretty nasty. Good film though. You really do end up feeling that his suicide was inevitable, there's not much anyone could have done.

I was actually cheering for his suicide by the end of it.

We get massive basking sharks, nothing bitey! The water gets down to 7 degrees in winter, up to 18 in summer. Need a thick wetsuit with boots, gloves and a hood in winter. Occasionally on a warm day you can get away without a suit in summer.

We also get quite sizable porbeagles but they don't bother surfers.. People tend to freak when they see them so they are classed as dangerous. I've surfed with them about in the past. Quite awesome to see them around. During the summer I always just use a cut down suit. The kids use the body suits and us oldies take the piss out of them. I always wear rock shoes these days as the weavers are epidemic where I surf. Do you get them in Wales as well? I guess you do. Nasty little fuckers..

Back