Tone suckage, with examples...

Outlaws

Just for fun I decided to see how much wah pedals actually trash the signal.

Note that no actual true bypass pedal was used. This is a 6' guitar cord directly into the interface. The Wah was then inserted in the chain with the addition of a 6" Monster Cable and re-tracked. If you want to fault the "test" because of that, then so be it.

I probably won't have to tell you, but the take without a wah is first, then with it in the chain, and then it repeats.

Crybaby MP3
Crybaby WAV

WH10v2 MP3
WH10v2 WAV

Equipment
  • Les Paul w/498R & 498T, middle position
  • Crybaby GCB-95 (before battery door, but well after addition of the buffer circuit)
  • Ibanez WH10v2
  • AudioFire 4
  • Amplitube 3

Last edited:
i fault the test!!

lol jk :P

yeah that tone suckage sucks, huh? you can really hear it. what i wonder, is why not just do it old fashioned? record those chords without a wah. then stop the recording, plug a wah in, do it again, then marge those two wav files into one so they come one from another. then, nobody may come in and try to fault what you did?

i fault the test!!

lol jk :P

yeah that tone suckage sucks, huh? you can really hear it. what i wonder, is why not just do it old fashioned? record those chords without a wah. then stop the recording, plug a wah in, do it again, then marge those two wav files into one so they come one from another. then, nobody may come in and try to fault what you did?

That is what I did. I probably shouldn't use the word insert around a recording crowd. I inserted the wah after the guitar and replayed the part.

Back