Tone generators/Sound module for trance

xiaoken

I was wondering if there's any "standard" TG/SM which has the sounds for trance and house music.

Pardon me if I'm looking in the wrong direction.

Oh yeah, and one more thing is I have a yamaha psr280.

Can I use it as the master keyboard for the tone module? Because I've heard there's some issues with the psr280 not having a local off function.

Thanks for the reply, however it didn't quite help me on the local off issue.

I found a website with these comments....

"Yamaha have now stopped manufacturing the PSR 270 and have introduced its successor the PSR 280. Local control cannot be switched off, so it has to be done on the software by selecting the echo off function. The problem is, that many sequencers and scorewriters don't actually have this function. The result is that the keyboard is useless when used in this scenario.

I bought three PSR 280s which we intended to use with MIDI workstations, but are now in the keyboard lab with PSR270s and PSR 225s due to the fact that we don't have echo off facilities on the software we use."

This is mainly what I'm worried about. Does cubase allow me to switch off local control/echo off?

xiaoken said:
Thanks for the reply, however it didn't quite help me on the local off issue.

This is mainly what I'm worried about. Does cubase allow me to switch off local control/echo off?

I think the answer to your question is no but I have been frequently surprised to find that SOMEONE has an answer!:D

I will follow this thread with interest.
cheers
Eddie Johnson

www.yamahakeyboards.info

Back to your original question...
Korg ms2000
Access Virus A, B, C
Most any waldorf
Any novation
Any nord lead

Those are my favorites.

Back