Toft atb08 routing headaches

modest

Hi all,

Before I get the gazillion - RTFM replies...

I have and it's kind of clear...but.

Here's a few questions that I have, extremely grateful for any feedback.

I'm using the Toft with a DAW and Lynx Aurora 8.

I'm using the suggested set up of 'Submaster outputs' and 'Monitor returns' and keeping the Tape button depressed to hear the DAW.
Alas, I have a few dilemmas...

Q1. I use the purple 'mon level' controls to hear the DAW level. If I want to engage the channel eq I turn the submaster purple 'mon levels' down and turn the channel purple 'mon levels up, press 'EQ to mon' and depress the I/P reverse on top of the fader. Is this the best way to do it? or should I use both purple 'mon levels?

Q2. I want to engage the 6 auxs on the channel strip - here's the thing, I can only use them if i press the line button at the top of the channel strip. Wh4n I do this I lose all control of the volume from the DAW!! I assumed I would depress the I/P reverse to put it into monitor mode then be able to use both the eq and auxs but it doesn't work that way. If both the I/P and line are depressed the auxs are disengaged also. Any ideas how I can use the 6 auxs plus eq and control the volume? I want to be able to mix from my DAW on the Toft.

Q3. I assume the channel faders and subgroup faders are only in use on the tracking part when the I/P is unpressed? Even when I depress the I/P the volume is controlled form the Mon level pots - is this normal?

Q4. Do any of you have a Toft and how do you route it with your DAW? I allocate 1 to 8 as inputs/outputs when tracking then change to stereo outs when done. (due to the Toft routing headaches outlined above)

Any help much appreciated.

M

RTFM....... :)

You're asking operational questions about a specific piece of equipment, and they can only be answered by someone who also has the same Toft board and who already RTFM...... ;)

There are a couple of people here who have it (can't recall their memebr names at the moment)....but I doubt you will get a ton of replies.

I could tell you how I do all of that with my board and DAW....but the routing may be different than the Toft, so it would be of little value to you.

I have a DAW, multi-tracktape decks, a console....and everything is wired to patchbays.
From there I can do pretty much whatever I want AFA routing.

Back