To sing or not to sing?

FedePatane

Hello everyone.

so, the question is: to sing or not to sing. In my case the answer is simple, "Don't sing!"

I suck at it, at the very least. But that doesn't stop me, the show must go on.

I wanted to do some cover songs and as i tried to sing i couldn't get even a decent vocals .

This is my last attempt giving a try to Selena Gomez's "good for you" in a metal version, try and listen and tell me what you think:

https://youtu.be/dRTsyIlrU50

So now what to do????? as there are a lot of people that like to sing and do it a lot better than me. I was wondering if someone out there would like to do a little collaboration with me and sing to the music i did for this cover?

anyone out there who wan'ts to try it out?

Federico

OK, just so you know, I'm an opera singer, and I've been teaching voice for like 20 years. So I've heard it all. In all honesty, you don't need to be a great singer to do metal. If you want to learn to do it, you can build the muscles needed to sing properly, and learn how to use it effectively. But you have to want it. I can't tell from your post if you want to or not. It will take a few years of lessons with a good teacher.

I just wanted to let you know what would be in store for you if you decided to try your hand at singing. But if you don't want it badly enough to stick it through, then better to find a lead singer for your band. No shame in that :)

oh, i do want it, but at this time i am unable to dedicate the required time to do it properly, you know, the job, the wife, the kids, basically life.... However, i do want to learn how to sing! i will do it, but it will take some time.

For now i am dedicating myself to the guitar, bass and mixing. All of the things i can do in "silence" or using headphones. As for singing perhaps next year i can start.

But, in the meantime I don't want to just sit still. so looking for a singer is what will work for me at this time.

Thanks for the advice!

i'd work on mixing that track. the drums are written as metal, yes. but the guitars are in the style of punk more. they don't gel well together. the rhythm guitars are a bit sloppy as well. let's put it this way: if this were a full band, i would think that the drummer is miles ahead of the other instrumentalists. work on mixing the guitar sounds. your voice can be adapted, from what i heard.

Back