to make them disappear, can I ‘’bury’’ vocals under an instrumental melody which I will create for this purpose??

beginner-HRF

Hi,

-----------------------------------------------

[There may (or may not) be some expensive solution(s) to my problem, but I’m trying to “keep costs down”].

-----------------------------------------------

I apologise for my ignorance.

Although the songs were recorded in a professional studio, in the 1990s (!!) the only existing copy, Unfortunately, is a music-cassette (!!)

After converting the songs to mp3, I’ve tried to get rid of the vocals (using Audacity audio editor’s vocals-removing tool) but (understandably) with no success whatsoever.

So, this is my question::
is there any way, at all, to “bury” the vocals (so making them disappear) underneath, for example, a melody (which I will create for this purpose) played by a musical instrument??

in advance, thank you very much for your kind help

Short of playing a solid note....like a piano or the like.....over every word and syllable....I doubt that you'll get what you want in terms of getting rid of all the vocals. Of course....that solution is not likely to sound very good.

Mick

Look up Spleeter on Google. It's a free solution to create Stems from Music files. You maybe able to run it in the 2 Stem mode (Vocals/Accompaniment) to split the two apart... it may leave some undesirable artifacts, but you don't know until you try it! You can then try adding your Melody over the Accompaniment with better results. Good luck.

First of all, don't convert directly to an mp3. That format is for an end product that needs to fit in limited storage or through low bandwidth. If you're going to do any sort of processing on the file, start with a high quality uncompressed format.

I've had success using iZotope RX8 to remove vocals from commercial song tracks. I've also used it to improve an old two track recording of a band I was in back in the '80's. You can break out the percussion, bass, other instruments (guitars in my case), and vocals, and remix them to a small degree. Big changes become noticeable.

If you get stuck - send me the file and I'll try it on spectral layers for you, but NOT the .mp3 - take the cassette and digitise it to at least 44.1 16 bit resolution, or better as a way, or .aif - anything apart from compressed mp3

Back