TL Audio Console ?

DeadPoet

carpe diem
I know these are not really for the homerecording market, but maybe there's someone out there that saw/used one of these babies ?

I'm wondering if having toobs in your preamps, Mix B pre's, Buss outputs, master outputs and Mix B outputs isn't a wee bit too much 'warmth'...

At €30,000 for a 32 channel one they don't come cheap though.

(now that I think of it, I saw an SSL 4040E with total recall for 'only' 20k... damn, that seems like a good deal)

Herwig

A $20K SLL 4000 would need a $10K service, no doubt about that......

As for the TLA console, based on my experience on some other TLA pre`s and eq`s, I wouldn`t be surprised if it really sucked...

Amund

Don't they make an 8x2 mixer called the Tube Tracker? I have yet to see any real user reviews on it. It's around $3000 as I recall.

Note that I don't have ANY hands-on experience with it, but most people I know of who have say it's one of the worst things you can spead that much money on!

As for "too much tube", I don't think that's really the factor here. If there was such a thing, I think the following would take the gold!:
www.vintec-audio.de

Thanks guys. I didn't know of its existence until some guy of a sound reinforcment company pointed it out to me, he said they only worked with DDA, Yamaha Digitals, Midas and TL Audio for outboard... now I know ;)
He assured me the console would cost under 10 grand, but it's more like three times that amount!!

plexi: the SSL would be in excellent condition... check this link. Great site too for us european people.

edit: Oh yeah, they have the Air Studio and Soul II Soul Neve VR's for sale too, don't want to know their price ....

Herwig

Back