Tips on my mix? (metal)

Really liked those vocals towards the end, and your guitar tone is amazing. Nice work. The only thing that seemed to "fight with the mix" in my opinion was the sound of the snare, and I can't really put a finger on it. (granted, I'm listening to this at work with some pretty crappy speakers, so that might be the problem) At times, the snare seemed a little too loud, or too "high" for the style of music.

What do you use for distortion?

B

Thats dope man.

I used to be into metal like crazy, now i produce hip hop.
I loved it man. Do you guys listen to like Blind Guardian Kamelot metal
bands like those guys, cause you sound like their style.

Check my stuff.
http://www.audiostreet.net/zellus

Again, I loved it,

Peace.

Zellus

guitars sound good. i could use a little more low/mids on them though for even more bite. snare is either way over compressed or you just got a bad sound out of it to start with. it sounds more like the drummer used bushes on the snare instead of sticks....but i highly doubt that happened. If you did compress the snare, check the make up gain as well because it does get overpowering. also try and get the overheads to clash more. they sounds real tinny....we dont' want a wussy sounding drummer in hard metal. good luck man.

That really rocks. The melodic aspect is too cool. As far as the snare goes... it just seems to sound small compared to how huge the tune is. I have heard Portonoys snare sound small an boxy too so I wouldnt be too distressed. You could try adding a room reverb with a very short decay. If you ran the reverb return in stereo (hard panned) to its own channels you could probably make the snare a little larger, just an idea to try. Also I am sure the kick sounds bombastic on a big system, but on lesser speakers the fundimental is a little weak. The kick is the thing that I think will "connect" the drums to the rest of the band. You could experiment with the "mud" frequencies 150-400 to see if you can get the kick to show up better on average speakers.
I liked the clangy hi-hat. The guitar.....monsterous.
Andy

okie dokie.

first, i would calm down the hiss on those cymbals man. too much 12 k.Its a little ear piercing.
and on the verse, where is the bass line dude?
yeah ok the guitar sounds good, but put some bass in between those CHUG-CHUGS. Its just way to empty and boring on the verses.
the snare and bass drum sound weak too.
No BOOM-BAP goin on there.
Vocals were ok though.

Id like to hear a Remix of this.

Back