Tips, anyone?

penfloor95

Hello all,

I am using the Tascam 414MKII for recording, but I have a simple problem. Channel 1 doesn't work. I enjoy recording in stereo, so that already takes up 2 channels, only one left, which I would use to put some vocals on.
I am sequencing from my computer. I guess my question is , how do I go around not having that channel(-besides buying another recorder, I would like to work with hwat I got, until I feel comfortable enough with Digital.)
I would like to keep my stereo tracks, lay down at least two tracks for vocals, and a seperate channel for the drums and bass.
Is this possible?
Thanx for all the replies I get

What exactly doesn't work? Is it the mic/line inputs on channel one? If that's the problem, you could use any other channel as an input and then route the signal to the stereo bus, and pick up track one from the left channel of the stereo bus. In other words, plug a mic into channel two, pan that channel hard left, and set the input switch for track 1 to "L". Remember, channel one on the mixer is not necessarily the same thing as track one on the recorder (but it can be).

Can you bounce another track to track one? In other words, can it record at all on track one? If you can't then I'm not sure what to suggest - you may have a 3-track machine. Can you at least play back track one from a tape you made when it was still working?

Is the unit still be under warranty? I have an earlier model 414 but I don't remember how long a warranty it had.

[This message has been edited by DaveO (edited 03-21-2000).]

Don't know if this helps but also, remember you have the guitar imput at the top of the machine that can be routed to any channel.

Back