Tips, anyone?

penfloor95

Hello all,

I am using the Tascam 414MKII for recording, but I have a simple problem. Channel 1 doesn't work. I enjoy recording in stereo, so that already takes up 2 channels, only one left, which I would use to put some vocals on.
I am sequencing from my computer. I guess my question is , how do I go around not having that channel(-besides buying another recorder, I would like to work with hwat I got, until I feel comfortable enough with Digital.)
I would like to keep my stereo tracks, lay down at least two tracks for vocals, and a seperate channel for the drums and bass.
Is this possible?
Thanx for all the replies I get

Can you actually get a signal through channel one? Or is it that it's just not recording or playing back from tape? My guess is if you can get a level through ch1, but nothing gets recorded on tape ... you may have an alignment problem with your head (?). I wouldn't dink with that yourself, though ... I'd check with Tascam like Green Hornet suggests.
Your only other option I think would be to either sync your PC or another MDM to your 4 track. Both of which would be cost prohibitive for what you'd get out of it (spending at least $2k on sync stuff which would eat another track anyway ... instead of $300 or so for another 4 track).
Good Luck!

Back