TIME! The most elusive studio commodity?

I make time to record by....

• Giving up sleep!

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Abandoning my wife and kids...

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I don't have any family or friends....

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I quit my day job, actually I got laid off!

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I try to balance family, work, sleep & music?

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

Dom Franco

I have some pretty good equipment, a fair amount of talent.
I have some good friends who are very great musicians.
My studio is very comfortable, looks nice, it's air conditioned with cool lighting. BUT:

It's hard to find enough time to spend recording as much as I would like to given; Work, family, sleep etc.

Your thoughts?

Dom :eek:

I hear ya dom. I wish i had more time to spend recording but its the things around me that slow me down. The guy that lives on the second floor above me works third shift , i work 1st, so i feel kinda dickish to start playing drums or cranking up my boogie 4hrs before its time for him to get up from sleeping. And by night time im tired from working all day so i never really get a drum trax that im totally happy with. Then their is time spent with the woman = no recording time. Or days i go joggin after work drains all my remaining energy. I cant afford to rent a space to set up in , so im stuck with going mobil to get a client(tuff biz). I wish i had half the bills, then i could my cut my hours from 50 to 25 and practice and record a lot more. Ohh, its fun to dream!

sleep by far. nothing great happens unless its like 2 in the morning. i remember working at Longview Farms in MA and I worked from 11 am to 10 am the next day. thats why my best friend is redbull.

I just finished my studio and I realized that I have no friends to record..hell, I wouldn't even know where the old ones I had are now.

This studio is going to eat me alive.

jake-owa said:
I realized that I have no friends to record..hell

Ok then...where are u located? U could record my band for a start!

I cannot play and record at the same time...gets me really tired..and pissed off... :D

Peace...

PC

I would LOVE to but I live in Hawaii...going on vacation? I have a badassed muthafuggin tape machine with your bands name on it.

I practice 5 hours a week and work in my studio between 6 and 12 hours a week. I have a full time job, a wife, and two kids.

Not quite sure how I fit it all in, but I think it has to do with the fact that I have no friends, hate to leave the house, and have a wife who doesnt demand much attention.

Things got much easier when my wife quit her job, because now she takes over most of the household chores, which I had also managed to pack into the equation.

Cy

Back