Time Machine

stratmonkee

Here is a new song I'm working on... wondering how this is sounding to fresh ears :>)

Sounding Cool .. I like the psychedelic sounding guitars ! As far as suggestions , I think your kick and bass need some attention. The kick isn't cutting thru the mix and it's getting lost. The bass track just needs some cleaning up on timing. For some reason it sounds like it's leaning a little towards the right , and a little hot. Enjoyed it .. Looking forward to where you take it . mark

Yeah real retro sounds. The organ & guitar intro are pure 60's. Guitar is great throughout. Bass is cutting through but needs to be more consistent and tightened up. I like the chorus from 3.15 into the lead break, it hits the groove there, guitars sound great. Sounds like you had fun with it, :D

I thought everything sounded very well mixed. Since it was retro sounding, bass seemed to fit the vibe.

My only personal nit is around the double vocals, more of a production comment, I would have made the voice doubling more interesting. Nothing specific, just a good opportunity to add more vibe with the second voice.

Very nice.

I'm getting a definite 1968 Shades of Deep Purple vibe from that intro. The main thing I'm hearing, seems like everything's lagging. Like maybe the whole song needs to be bumped up 1 or 3 BPM. Listening on HD 280 Pro phones, I like the sound of that bass - being a bass player, I had to throw that in 8-)

Yep - very cool late 60's vibe going on. Agree with the above comment that the kick needs a little more definition or something.... kinda buried. And the bass part just needs some wee timing tweaks. Sometimes I'll re-track a part - or just go in the DAW and line stuff up here and there and then check to see if it sounds weird or not. But I totally agree that it's worth it to get that bass part locked in tight with the kick drum.... always worth it to get that right.

Anyway... yeah... you've got something here. :thumbs up:

Great groove to the song. Lead guitar sounds nice - cool licks too. It's a little low in the mix. In fact all the guitars sound terrific.

To me the bass has too many lows and sounds a little boomy and sterile. I'd prefer a little warmer sound.

Nice vocal. Sounds great and well performed.

I wasn't thrilled with the drum sounds. Not enough woof in the kick and not enough umph in the snare. To put it in technical terms. Lot's of use of the ride cymbal (I think that's what it was).

Back