Three full tracks...

WATYF

...happier than you.
Previously I posted some "samples" of our CD... I finally got permission to post a few full songs and we got a NWR account for the band.

They're basically all the singles from the CD. You can check them out here.

All of this ('cept the drum tracking) was done in my bro's (and my adopted) home studio. Feedback is welcome, but I'm mostly posting this for the people who only got to hear the samples... 45 seconds doesn't do a song justice most of the time. (and I felt kinda cheesy posting short clips in the first place. :p)

WATYF

Hi there,

I didn't get a chance to hear the samples you posted earlier, but these sound really good. I really like "Who I Am" -- the vocal is good and strong, and I like the phasey guitar thang you got going.

Only thing I wasn't real keen on was the amount of reverse reverb used on the vocal in the beginning of the song. I would have liked to hear you use it more sparsely for effect rather than the blanket treatment. This is opinion only.

"Clay" - I really like the vocal treatment in this. Sounds big and wide and beautiful. More reverse stuff here too, lol! Strong chorus.

"Completely Yours" - cymbals at the beginning sounded like they may have been distorting from compression a tad, not that noticeable though. Nice clean guitar tone in this - it interplays really well from left to right. The "I am completely yours" bit, I thought sounded really good - I might have pumped her voice out a little more, but it's personal taste. The Antares Auto-Tune at 1:49 - 1:52 didn't do it for me though - too much Cher for me....

Thanks for the listen!! Good luck with the CD - I can't believe just how good this sounds for a made at home job. Well done!!

:) Q.

Thanks Q. Appreciate the listen. I actually didn't do the mix on this (and agree with you aboot most of that stuff. :) ).

WATYF

Hey, I actually own the album. :) I've had it spinning non-stop since I picked up out of the mailbox (about a day). Very impressed that this came out of your brother's basement. I think it's a top notch job.

Back