Thoughts on Focusrite Scarlett 2I2?

frown888

Hey guys,

I want to get an audio interface so I can lay down some guitar tracks on my computer (Possibly some vocal ones later too). I am currently looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 2I2 interface. It has everything that I need, 2 XLR/1/4" Inputs, phantom power and active monitoring. I was just wanting to see if anyone has any experience with this unit and their thoughts on it. I'm new at this whole recording thing, so my budget is like $200 haha.

Cheers

The machine is fine but you ought to look into therelated software (Mix Control) to see how it'll go with your computer.
I have an 8i6o that seems to be pretty good - sound qaulity & build wise BUT I keep banging my head against a wall with the software.

I keep banging my head against a wall with the software.

I've got a 8i6o as well. Rayc is right on the money... It sounds really good, but the software is challenging. By "challenging", I mean that you will want to smack the sh!t out of the developers by the time you are done configuring the mixing console. Once you have it right - SAVE YOUR SETTINGS.

The only thing that sucks more than setting up Mixing Console for the first time, is setting up mixing console after you already had it right, but screwed something up and you can't figure it out, and now it's only recording my guitar before the FX, and now my DAW is recording the entire mix and why the hell did I start messing around with it after I already had it set up properly!?!?! :facepalm:

Not that I've done anything like that... ;)

i've got a 8i6o as well. Rayc is right on the money... It sounds really good, but the software is challenging. By "challenging", i mean that you will want to smack the sh!t out of the developers by the time you are done configuring the mixing console. Once you have it right - save your settings.

The only thing that sucks more than setting up mixing console for the first time, is setting up mixing console after you already had it right, but screwed something up and you can't figure it out, and now it's only recording my guitar before the fx, and now my daw is recording the entire mix and why the hell did i start messing around with it after i already had it set up properly!?!?! :facepalm:

Not that i've done anything like that... ;)

exactly.

Back