Thoughts and experiences please (n-Track users plz)

Newest User

N-Trackers,

I have a dilemma, Im looking software that I can use as a 2 track recorder much like a 2 track for mastering. It must be 24/96 capable as well, right now Im using SF 5.0 XP and its only 16/44.1 and can't really afford the SF 5.0 full version right now. In your experiences and opinions would N-Track make a reasonable 2 track in digital? Has anyone used N-Track for downconverting with dither plugs with any kind of success? Think cheap ;)

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

The thing with N-Track is that by itself is pretty "barebones", the only built-in effects are eq (3-band parametric) and a dither function when mixing down. I've never used the dither since I use Waves L1 on my master channel. Although N-Track by itself is cheap, for what you want to do I don't know how it's dither would compare with Sound Forge or other programs. Good luck!

OK, I just read your question again, and it seems like you already have the plug-ins. N-Track should be great for what you want to do. I've heard that it may not have as much editing capability as a dedicated wave editor, but it's cheap, and you get a free multitrack recorder thrown in!
I've used a bunch of plug-ins without problems on N-Track - Wavs NPP, Waves RenCollection, The Blueline plugs, and the D-B Audio mastering limiter.

Thanks Gordone.

If N-Track is barebones thats even better. I just want a peice of software thats less cpu intensive while doing tranfers from my multitrack stanalone into the pc. Like I said, I have all the 16 bit software anyone could need. I even have PT Free which has a pretty good wave editor and its dithers, but its a cpu hog on my little P233 MMX Dell.

Peace,
Dennis

Back