THOSE WITH SONAR 2.0 xl

Ginuwine

I'm having a hard time makin a pattern wit this software. First off, where is the drum kit located? That's how i want to start. Make the drum beats first but I couldn't find it. Someone please help.

And FYI, if you realy want to make a drum pattern, then you must mean using MIDI. SONAR don't have any "drum sound". You'll need synth/sampler to make the sound. Thank God, SONAR comes bundled with DXi such as DR 008 or LiveSynth Pro demo. That means you don't need to buy dedicated external synth to make the sound for initial simple project. Use soundfonts is also an options if you have SB Live! / audigy cards. Do search in Cakewalk forum (the link above) to find related topic. Ask there if you have any difficulties. We're there to help you out...

;)
Jaymz

James Argo said:
And FYI, if you realy want to make a drum pattern, then you must mean using MIDI. SONAR don't have any "drum sound". You'll need synth/sampler to make the sound. Thank God, SONAR comes bundled with DXi such as DR 008 or LiveSynth Pro demo. That means you don't need to buy dedicated external synth to make the sound for initial simple project. Use soundfonts is also an options if you have SB Live! / audigy cards. Do search in Cakewalk forum (the link above) to find related topic. Ask there if you have any difficulties. We're there to help you out...

;)
Jaymz

So Sonar doesn't have the kicks, snares, hi-hats, etc.? like Fruityloops?

How bout Cubase? Does it have any drum kits?

NO...
Don't take it wrong. They DO can be used as drum sequencer, indeed. What they do is letting you sequence, arrange, sound patching, etc. To make a sound out of them, you need sound generator. Either internal (softsynth, your soundcard's MIDI engine, DXi, etc) or external (workstation keyboard, sound module, sampler, etc...).
So you connect those sound generator to SONAR, and use SONAR to controll them... BTW, have you already got SONAR or what ? :)

You will have a better help if you tell us what's your goal, what's your system, OS, what application you have, soundcard, setup, etc, etc. Then may be we can help you better...

;)
Jaymz

I find it strange that people doesen't check this before buying the software...

Back