Thomann.de ?

CanopuS

Amateur music since 1847
Hi, I'm sorry to post this, hopefully the thread won't hang around for long. I'm looking to buy a new guitar, but the prices are much cheaper if ordering from www.thomann.de as opposed to buying in the UK (where I live). In some ways I feel slightly anxious about the prospect of ordering from another country, although their reputation appears to be excellent. I would just like to hear from anyone who has used Thomann before and whether it really does make sense to order from them?

i bought a tele deluxe from thomann last summer. they are excellent as far as packaging goes.

i'm in germany. but trust me, the packaging is made for oversea trips.

they put the original cardboard package of the tele, which came in a gigbag, in an additional bigger box with lots of foam protectors.

i live in belgium and order from thomann.de constantly. they are cheap, very reliable and have a great customer service.

I'm in Germany, and have made 4 orders from Thomann in the last 4 months. If you are going to order a guitar, then I would suggest you try to talk on the phone with a person in the guitar dep't who will do the set-up on the guitar before it goes out. That's what I would do. Everything I've bought from them so far, has either been electronics, or, for one order, gigbag/strings. Their packaging is a bit overkill, but better too much, than not enough. So, I wouldn't worry about your order getting there in one piece. I would only be concerned about the guitar set-up, since I am no wizard in that department.

If it's a halfway expensive guitar, you have to get it in your hands and try it out before you buy, IMHO. No two are the same. I made this mistake with something I'd set my heart on but it was shop-worn, so I special ordered another one. When it turned up three months later, it wasn't as nice as the one I'd fallen in love with so I didn't buy it.

Thomann are great for high-tech stuff and everything else that's a bit more like white goods. Guitars are too personal to buy with your eyes.

Back