This Tangled Forest Where My Heart Lies

I like the name of the band and title of the song... It's hard for me to concentrate on the mix though because it is so far out of my style. The video production looked pretty good.

What are you doing in EQ land to remove the bottom end?
The drums sound like you've thrown reverb on them to remove them to another room & only the top end is leaking through.
Good song and the perfoormances seem OK - the overall feel & structures etc remind me of Deaf School with a little more frentetic guitar - that's a good thing by me - Oh, with some Gentle Giant tempo/rhythm changes thrown in...
Please give some fdetails of your recording chain and what you've done to process the tracks - this song would sound terrific with some depth.
Mixing with headphones will give an impression of greater bass response than is real - one of the many reasons that doing so with h/phones is a false economy. If you know the phones really well & their tendency to boost & cut you might have a fair chance. You'd be better off using an old stereo system to monitor with if you know it's foibles well enough.
Keep going - is good!
Ace vid by the way - post it in the video forum as well.

Back