This one's called "Smoke Alarms"

Douhgy

I am very curious to know what people think of this one: any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Smoke Alarms:

Hi there,

Nice track. Interesting groove in the verses - that stop works well. Whenever I try to do it, I end up with something that sounds disjointed => you don't have that problem - it serves to build tension really well.

I would like to hear the chorus hit with a bigger impact. Vox up a tad and maybe something to give it some "oomph" down low.

You have got a nice tone on everything to my ears. Sounds good and full on most things. I thought maybe the guitars in the chorus sounded a little thin. The sound of the guitars in the left and right tracks could be a little more different so make them more apparent. This would also serve to highlight some of those sexy fills being played on the guitar track in the left.

I really like the way you have used rhythmic inflection in this track and then highlighted it with some dissonance on the high guitar parts.

I would like to hear the lead vocal "go off" more during the verse. Not change the melody, just turn up the attitude control to 150% on the delivery.... Sort of like John Spencer Blues Explosion.

Oh yeah - and I thought the lyric was "After years of smoking bongs....." ;)

I really like the breakdown and backup from 3:00 - 3:15.

Thanks a lot for the listen.

:) Q.

Wow. Love the groove. What was this recorded on? Sounds great. But The guitar could use more umph. thats all my complaints. Sounds cool.

I realy like the groove you got going in the verses.
The chorus is fairly standard stuff which works well with the verses in this case.
Very good work.
Listening on headphones so I won't make mix comments.
I usually don't anyway:D

we haven't mixed this one very much yet, so I will definitely keep in mind your comments. We are still going to add some shakers/aux percussion stuff on the choruses, and I will work with the guitars to fatten them up.

Back