This one Might Just Be Good

2lim

Hey i have posted a number of poor recordings, on my site * www.mp3.com/2lim , and i have recieved the feedbakc that they deserved, however i think that the new recording of the song entitled "I Don't Know" might actually be good, so check it out, and tell me what you think.

Hey can't hear much bottom, and it needs it...vocals are up real nice and the comparatively clean guitar licks were a surprise going against the thrashing guitar, and it was cool...gibs

Lotta energy, and good drummin'. The recording sounded better than what I remember of the other songs of yours that I listened to a few weeks ago. The vocals seem to be missing something that I can't quite put my finger on..........Good effort.

I like this tune!
I really like how the guitar lead part plays over the chords beneath... the echo realy makes it. Although, I'd bring it down a little, it kinda overpowers the band. Just a little. Drums sound pretty good, how did you mic them? I agree with gibs too ... more low end! I actually think the bass and drums may be ok ... it's the crunch guitar that's lacking. I boosted around 350Hz and it really gave the gtr a lot more body. Did you compress the vocal? That and a little verb will bring it to life more.
Cool tune ... lots of energy ... i enjoyed listening to it!

hey kahuna....... if you want to know how i miked the drums then email me at 2lim@angelfire.com cause if i post the formula for the micing of my drums i would be banished from this site never to be let back... everyone else thank you for the feedback as always i am happy to recieve criticism.

2lim, don't sweat it...I'd bet that at least 90 percent of the folks here have used radshaks at one time or another...otherwise, they wouldn't get bashed so much...very few people would be here in the forums if everybody that had ever touched one were run off lol......the bashing really is a learning tool, at least it was for me...thanks to RE, Sonusman, and others, I've learned to appreciate the differences in mics...and if you weren't talking about radshaks...well....nevermind.....gibs :D

I agree with BK on the lead guitar...it's cool but maybe a little loud. On the other hand, I don't care for the drum sound. I don't know what you have in the way of mics, so that might be the problem. I really liked the bass guitar tone. I think you could probably use a pop filter of some kind while recording vocals, I noticed some mild plosives, but the sibilence wasn't bad at all. One more thing bothered me about the tune...it sounded like the tune was panned primarily in the right ear while the verb was in the left. That was unsettling. Did anyone else notice this?

Don't think that I'm picking on your tune, it's pretty well recorded. I liked the tune. I think it's performed very well. Everything seemed 'in the pocket'. I haven't heard any of your previous recordings, but from what everyone else has said, it sounds like you're improving with each recording and that's great. Keep it up, I look forward to hearing more from you!

Really liked how the drums and guitar came in at the begining right after the bass thing. Really tight and GreenDayish. I wanted to hear that part again in the song. Funny line.... "Coudnt smack someone so beautiful" =)

What's your multi-tracker? The drums could have more power, but you may be pushing the limits of what you have (especially if this is a 4-track recording). There's a neat quality to that minimalistic "one-overhead sound" regardless. You're definitely getting improved mixes. Most importantly, it's a catchy song. Personally, this felt a lot more "genuine" than anything I've ever heard from Green Day.

to PG
My Multitraacker is a yamaha mt120(four track analog) i add the second guitar once i have bounced everything to my computer....... i would do everything on my puter but there are not enough inputs, and my puter can only handle four track, maybe five on a really good day.

Back