This is your chance to write some nasty critics

JustaBassist

:cool:

Quite awhile ago I recorded my old band and a crappy college on some all right equipment. But we only have 3 days to do the 4 songs and leave, so There wasn't a lot of effort put towards the demo, which all right, people still paid for the copies.

So Im just waiting for you ladies/gents to give some input on the 4 songs, I want your honest opinions cause I'll be doing another band in my home studio and would like to be prepared.

Heres the link: http://www.myspace.com/mattlogic

Hahah...yes its on myspace, a place for friends.

Where do I begin?

I mostly have problems with the arrangements.
The vocals seem very low in comparision, especially the 'backing' vocals, and the hard panned right vocals.

On the first song, I can hear rattling or what a mic picks up from a pair of headphones, even though the drums are muted.
Second song, the snare is very rattly sounding and panned somewhat left for some reason, until the rest comes in and it sounds more right.

I hear a lot of terrible limiting all around. Same vocal level problem here.

On the third song, I have no idea what I'm listening to half the time...

So far, the final song sounds the best of all, but the bass is not well defined in the higher registers. It's like there's bass in there somewhere, but it could be coming from any of the instruments.

Man, I hate screamo...

All right, thank you. One thing one of my friends did do was gated the hell out of the drums, since he went to the school he insisted that this most be done like that.
But yea, everything was quite a mess recording demo, everything could go wrong, happened. Haha...the main control room was like a hall way for students to go through, TALK ABOUT DISTRATIONS!!!

Back