this is what 35 hours of no sleep and alot of caffeine will do to you...

WEBCYAN

I have a tendancy to stay up rather late. One night I was up at about 3 am...i had been up about 35 hours and was slipping in and out of reality. I looked at my mic and thought "why dont i make an entire song using just my voice and processing it in as many strange ways as i could think to make it all sound really wierd?" And so i did. Its wierd....
The whole thing is 100% my voice. Nothing else. I simply applied every effect and trick i could think of to make somthing as wierd as i could.

comments? hehe... :)

a couple of areas, it sounded like you were just a tad sharp..but otherwise, it seemed pretty decent. I had a hard time understanding the lyrics, but I think I understood most of them. The BG harmonies were great..especially in the chorus's. I wouldn't touch the intro...that set the tune off in a good direction. I like how the gtrs, keys...etc...where all turned down...like to nothing...really added space to the mix, and allowed the lead vocals to punch right thru...no conflicts there...
good job...I'd like to hear it in another key for more mainstream, but I understand sticking in YOUR range. I can tell too, that you sang late...the voice is a tad raspy, but it really gave the performance that edge that's needed for this kind of music. Where the vox takes off on a solo...I'm not sure that worked, but I think the younger set will enjoy it, however...
neat stuff...but I think maybe I've heard it before...eh??

Back