This City - alternative-pop-rock

Are you using a 4001 for the bass? I love the tone! Your guitars and vocals are amazing as always. Love the effect on "It's too late". Always amazes me to hear how well you do bottom end in cans. The crashes tend not to ring out, but I see that was already noted. I kind of like the way the sibilance sounds. The word "break" is very hard to understand, but I love the effect you're doing there where it goes from out of focus and a bit back to sharp and in your face.

Cool I wasnt sure if anyone noticed that or not. Ha. I automated the EQ on that Word.

The bass is Recabinet 4. Their Manatee model. Which is Ampeg I think. Then a 421 mic. Mids scooped about 10dbs.

And I guess I'm just used to the cans by now. I use a lot of the same stuff over and over, so I know where that bass needs a HP and that SD kick needs one too. Same guitars, so I have an idea of where to filter those too...if I was grabbing different guitars and basses and recording different drummers and switching monitors, then yeah I'd have more trouble with the low low stuff. Lately I've been trying to get my mid range more clear...like the track in the "space" topic. I've been pretty happy with the bass and kick. Sounds nice in my car too

I meant the actual guitar, but I'm guessing not. It just had that Rickenbacker ring to it...

It's a $300 Stagg. Never heard of them before I shopped for one last summer. The neck played the best out of the ones I tried out in the $200-$400 price range.

Awesome...It has an amazing ring and tone. I spent twice that on my Stilletto and can't make it sound anywhere near what I want...:( Of all the things I've sold off over the years, the 4001 and the Alembic are on top of my list...

Awesome...It has an amazing ring and tone. I spent twice that on my Stilletto and can't make it sound anywhere near what I want...:( Of all the things I've sold off over the years, the 4001 and the Alembic are on top of my list...

I'm not an expert on bass sounds by any means, but have you tried Recabinet's setup? A few bass cabs and about 10 mics to choose from. The wrong mic and that sound I get goes to hell

Back