This Ain't Great

EL34

Clown car chauffeur
This tune is based on a Tony Rogers tune called Great
You may have heard the original on Animal Planet
They play the song while they show you abused dogs and cats that need homes
Pretty sad commercial but I liked the cool melody so I went in search and found the tune on youtube

I had to spruce up the melody a bit to make a guitar instrumental because the original was fine for vocals but not very interesting for guitar.

Anywho, here's my arrangement of Tony's tune
[MP3]http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Music/files/ThisAintGreat2.mp3[/MP3]

Here's Tony's tune on youtube

I really like the playing and guitar tones! BUT, you have compression/limiting going on that the kick and snare are 'sucking' the dynamics out of the guitars. Don't do that man! It is not good...

Every kick and snare is causing the other tracks to pull back in volume. You hear that right? I believe some call it 'pumping'. Step away from the limiter, and apply compression to the drum tracks before they go to the master bus. You can get the drums to cut through, and get the mix right without killing the other good stuff. :)

If you can hear the compression, then you are approaching the tool incorrectly. Well, unless you are using one for effect. This is not that type of situation.

Again, I really like your version. The mix is not listenable to me, because of the compression.....

Back