Third party microphone software?

shapesbbq

I'm not too sure if I'm asking in the right place but I am very new to the microphone scene. I have an At2020/UM2 setup for my computer that I use for streaming and audio recordings. I've configured the microphone through OBS to sound rather clean and crisp, but cannot manage to recreate this with an app like discord (something of which I use very frequently). Is there any sort of third party software or a type of application that will allow me to run my microphone audio through a filter of sorts that is then displaced back into discord, similar to the settings for microphone configuration on OBS?

I used something called a "virtual cable" with OBS that allowed it to expose "audio" channels that other apps could use, i.e., instead of physical inputs/interfaces. Did you try something like that, or am I misunderstanding what you're looking for? (I doubt the Behringer UM2 has any advanced routing capabilities by itself, or there's any software from the manufacturer for that device - could be wrong though!)

Hi,
What's your operating system? I use AuLab on MacOS to achieve this but I'm sure there are equivalents on other platforms.

Maybe play with some High and Low Pass Filters in a parametric EQ, if your recording software has those. Trim a little off both ends of the signal.

I used something called a "virtual cable" with OBS that allowed it to expose "audio" channels that other apps could use, i.e., instead of physical inputs/interfaces. Did you try something like that, or am I misunderstanding what you're looking for? (I doubt the Behringer UM2 has any advanced routing capabilities by itself, or there's any software from the manufacturer for that device - could be wrong though!)
No this is along the lines of what I'm looking for. I've seen that an application called VB-cable will allow me to run my microphone through a third party interface before routing into discord via some research, I'm now more or less worried about some applications that will allow me to do stuff such as noise suppression and limiting due to the inbuilt one for discord being relatively bad. Any recommendations? (I've heard about something called syrinscape, I'm looking into it but if its too costly/not what I'm looking I would highly appreciate some alternatives).

Back