Think this thing is worth getting?

umm - need I remind you of the instrument known as *bass* :-)

:D

No bass player should be without one of these;

attachment.php

Cheers! :)

Reel to Reel

Nice TASCAM 2 track on e-bay. Starting bid 70+. High speed is 15!!!! Simular to my TEAC A-733/2T minus built in mixing board

my fist time posting after years of prowling these (and other) forums for copious amounts of information and advice so, my apologies if this is a faux pas to ask. however, for the people like me who are interested in making a plunge into finally buying vintage recording equipment, rather than spending countless hours researching, it would be wonderful to know what constitutes a "great deal" such as this. op, would you be willing to share your cost for this beautiful mono ampex, now that the craigslist posting is removed?

my fist time posting after years of prowling these (and other) forums for copious amounts of information and advice so, my apologies if this is a faux pas to ask. however, for the people like me who are interested in making a plunge into finally buying vintage recording equipment, rather than spending countless hours researching, it would be wonderful to know what constitutes a "great deal" such as this. op, would you be willing to share your cost for this beautiful mono ampex, now that the craigslist posting is removed?

From memory, I believe the ad price was $150.

Cheers! :)

$160, the guy said he pulled it out of an old college broadcast studio. They used it to teach kids how to splice tape and he got it for free when they were cleaning out the place.

Lately I've been tracking a lot of singer songwriter guys, so I'll record the first layer of guitar with this guy and then I bounce it over to my MSR 24 and just get really depressed that the other 23 tracks don't sound anywhere near as good haha :D I've also done a few bands (bass drums guitar) with this as the basic tracking machine then bounced over to the MSR 24 for overdubs, it sounds amazing. I'll post some clips when I get some real mixes done.

Back