Think Of You

I liked this song. The only thing I didnt care for was the drum sound in the verse's. I think fatter, fuller drums would sound great instead of that "Tick, Tick" sound. Nice flow to the tune and it made me want to hear more.

The guitar solo seemed a bit long and lacked "punch" I think this song could be cut from 4 + min to around 3 and be very, very enjoyable to listen to.

Just my opinion...but thats why your here isn't it?

Keep posting this great stuff

Rick

Good stuff. Very professional. I wasn't too fond of the guitar solo sound - just seemed out of place in a song I expected to be mostly acoustic. I would try an acoustic guitar solo (and shorter solo as well as entire song, as Rick said).

I liked the drum sounds - I thought they fit the tune very well.

Thanks for posting the tune. I thought I was listening to internet radio for a minute there. :)

By the way - a friend of mine's band called Sunhill Down has a song called "Dreamed of You" that's pretty awesome. Your tune reminded me of it. You might dig it. They have a live performance of it at a radio station on their website www.sunhilldown.com

http://www.sunhilldown.com/video/dreamed.mpg

Thanks for listening guys.

I agree about the solo guitar and I've made suggestions to that effect. But as you probably are aware.... egos are like an itch, and usually they just have to be scratched ;)
I might just try a shortened version and see what he thinks LOL.

There are a couple more tracks on the webpage if you'd like to hear more.

Paco, I'll check out Sunhill Down tonight when I get home.

Thanks again

Mark

Nice reflective tune, lyrics are definitely working with me.

I agree though, the electric didn't work for me either. As soon as I heard it I thought "ah man, why??". It's just so....POISON-like :)

This tune deserves better than that. Just an opinion.

I really like the song and the vocal performance.
I fail to see what the big deal is with the electric guitar solo.
I like the contrast between acoustic and electric.
I would have done the leed work with a LOT less distortion though.
Overall VERY well done.

Markd102,

With the solo, personally I think you could cut the last 18 seconds or so out of the Solo. I thought the solo was ending 3 times leading into a verse 3rd time lucky. ;-)

Also, I found it a little hard to hear the vocals in the first verse... I think it had to do with the Flanger guitar in the back, other than that a great song.

What did you record it on?

Porter

It's recorded entirely in ProToolsLE (WinXP) through a DIGI001.
The main mics are an MXL V67M and a pair of Beyer Opus83.
Vocals are tracked through a Mindprint Envoice into the 001.
Drums are samples arranged in Reason. Shakers are real.
All good fun :D

Mark

Back