Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Where's the chorus?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Hang yourself with your bass strings!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roktuk

God Bless The Apocalypse
After waitng three weeks for mp3com to approve it. I decided to post it on Ampcast. As soon as I was done uploading to ampcast, I looked at my mp3com page and there it is. DOH!

"Thief" Line in guits and a fake kit!...oh and a fake keys too.

http://www.mp3.com/Roktuk
http://www.ampcast.com/roktuk

PS, If you download, mp3com is 128kps ampcast is 192kps. And yeah I gave myself a Groovy!

Last edited:
DAMN!

The playing, the arrangement, the recording, the mix, the groove....it was all tight..very tight.....

the drums to me sounded a little dry, maybe could have been a little wider(then again im listening on crappy speakers)....the programming was good...what "fake" kit did you use.......

the synth patch that came in at 1:48 disturbed me, dont know if it was the sound or that it seemed louder than the gits....

Overall, I give it 5 stars...Im not a fan of instrumentals , so to keep me listening for over 6 minutes, you know you did something right....

You gave yourself a groovy.....I never heard it called that, but you must be pretty damn flexable.....

This isn't really my thing. But it's cool. I like it. Some great guitar playing. The fake drum programming is stellar... I gave it a "where's the chorus" just cause.

The mix was good. I'd like to hear more "space" in the guitar sounds. Not bad for direct.

reminded me of some Metallica in places, Whitesnake with Via in others (when the synth come in) That intro is way cool. THe break after the first heavy section reminded me of Brand X. Ever heard of Brand X? I like you'd really dig those guys... 70's fusion... Phil Collins on drums, he was tha man on drums! then he got all wimpy :(

-jhe

Thanks for takin the time everyone.

Shana, Hmmm...I don't know. Just keep tryin stuff till it works I guess. I'm pretty inexperienced at writing, this is my 7th song.

Gidge, Ha! To tell you the truth it was all i could do to get those semi-speedy guitar and bass parts down. Pushing my limits. ;) Everything was dry, except the guit, and I used the Aphro-V1 Reverb over the mixdown. I have a tendency to overdo things so i was tryin to be proactive. The kit is from samples i hunted and hunted for on the net. I found a zip with 4 each, acoustic kicks, snares and toms that I tuned into six. Got lucky on the cymbals, found ones that work together and actually fade out. Instead of crash...cut off. I bet i've spent over a year trying to figure out how to make a good drum track. Tried to make that synth part recognizable at lower volumes. Probably shoulda flattened it with EQ a bit. I'm still learnin. Lesson #1....groovy's damage your rut.

James HE, Cool. I don't know about anyone else but every drum program I've tryed just sucks. I'm glad I found a way to tab it out and use whatever sample i want. Your right about space on the guitar, I always end up with this wall of guitar. Haven't figured out how to get it to breathe a little. Especially with going line in. Never heard Brand X, come to think of it i don't listen to all that much music. I should broaden my horizons. ;)

Back