They way we're doing it!

the_philth

First of all your music had better be worth listening to. Some cats ain’t got the ears to tell the difference between artistic-dissonance and plain ol’ crap! Of course it’s gonna be a struggle if your band or you yourself is a big fat nobody! Take me for instance; I’m a turd in the dirt for all you know! But I managed to “get in” with people who just so happened to be pretty huge! Therein lays the great plan of execution...

Find a band to help promote you!

A band that has already made a “name” for itself which just so happens to be along the same lines as your “style” of music helps absolutely! If you know this band on a personal level and they’re *cool* with your band, DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP!!!!

Ask them to write ANYTHING about your band on their website! A review of your demo! A review of your gigs! Announcements on where you’ll be playing next!

All this stuff helps out big time!!!

If you don’t know any bands, here’s your chance to start making some friends! MySpace is an excellent Tool for promoting your band! Some people are against its entire being; others are so addicted to it! Nonetheless, it’s FREE PROMOTION!!!

As I stated earlier; make sure your music is worth your friends’ time and effort, otherwise you’re going to end up with your feelings hurt when they have to politely explain to your that you sound like everything else out there and your music is nothing new!

That kind of reality is tough not to take personal. But it’s in fact a truth that can either break you or make you stronger. Not too many people out there would sacrifice themselves for you unless they believe in you and your music. Make sure your music is campaign-worthy in the first place!

If it wasn’t for the band that’s helping my band out, I don’t think we would have sold as many records as we did and we are an unsigned act! Use the Internet to your advantage! It is essentially a FREE PROMOTIONAL VEHICLE!

Even if you don’t know any bands, if your music is worth the time, someone will listen and even if they themselves can't help you directly, they’ll know someone who will!
~PT

Back