They should have a classification here

free_d20

I think a classification of the music styles would be useful here, since i believe nobody can critisize a metal head better than another metal head, and the likewise with the other styles. The problem i see here is that in most of the posts here nobody mentions their music style, so you practically have to download almost every song here to kinda find a matching style.

I know this is all about the "recording" and the "mixing", but if you are lets say a POP fan, i believe you WILL have a certain degree of subjectivity towards lets a style like HARDCORE.

my final point is: maybe putting something like "STYLE - HEAVY ; or STYLE - POP; or S - HM (heavy metal)" in each post would create a sort of categories that would maybe help you (those who want to be helpped) match your interests faster.

i dunno, its just a thought

whoever has an opinion...

Not a bad idea really.

Although those of us that hang out here a lot get a pretty good idea of what different guys tend to record.

Also......there are actually quite a few people here that are capable of playing wildly different styles. For instance in a couple of weekends I'll be playing Real book stuff on a Friday and Weezer and Tracy Bonham on Saturday....and I'm totally comfortable with either.....so I'm not totally convinced that only certain people can do a good job of reviewing certain styles.

But still........I already skip hip-hop and such.....so it might help me narrow down my listens if I knew the style.

And there are people who don't have a clue what style their music is.... :rolleyes:

I recall puzzling a few people with my own classifications in the past. Wink, wink Tom ;) :)

nobody can critisize a metal head better than another metal head

Not entirely true. That's the fun thing about this board I think, metalguys reviewing country and backwards. Perhaps these comments can finally bring back the bass in metal. Or the shredsolo in country. Who knows... :)

Back