these guitar hangers are awsome!!

les666paul

hey guys check these out, i just got them and theyre awsome. this isnt spam btw you can check my posted messages

ill post a pic of mine soon.

i just thought they were useful cause they save space and keep your guitars safe :D

Reactions: apl
Looks like if they were turned around the end of them would be rubbing the wall above the hanger.........but what do I know, I'm a drummer :D

hixmix said:
Why do you hang them face to the wall?

They prefer not to have to look at me! :D

Actually, I record drums and vocals in the same tiny room and the foam that the strings rest on muffles the resonant overtones.

les666paul said:
hey guys check these out, i just got them and theyre awsome. this isnt spam btw you can check my posted messages

ill post a pic of mine soon.

i just thought they were useful cause they save space and keep your guitars safe :D

my local guitar shop uses those and they are awesome.
the first time I went in there I couldnt get the guitar off of the wall, but then when I just lifted on it, the tabs automatically rotated around and released the guitar. quite a nice setup, though maybe a little over the top for jus thome use really

ez_willis said:
They prefer not to have to look at me! :D

Actually, I record drums and vocals in the same tiny room and the foam that the strings rest on muffles the resonant overtones.
What bass is that?

The bass looks like an Ibanez from that angle anyway.
I made some hangers for individual guitars back in the early 80's that had 1 inch laminates of different hardwoods. It was black walnut, poplar, oak, then poplar and walnut again on the back plate. The 2 hanger arms were poplar and in the last 25 years they have seasoned beautifully. Most guitars, Gibson, Fender and even my mandolin, hang well on these-except Telecasters with that off-set headstock. If I could compress photo to the size this site allows I'll try to sent photo later.

ez_willis said:
$0.99 at the hardware store. Haven't lost a guitar yet!
I can't really see them that well in the picture. What are they, exactly, and what are they sold as?

I desperately need some off-floor storage for my instruments as they take up too much studio space -- like stands three-deep all the way around the room. So far, all the hanger options I've seen have been ridiculously overpriced for what they are, and I have about thirty-five guitars and basses at least half of which are out in use at a time.

ez_willis said:
Garage organizer thingies-

Watch the coating on those 99 cent hangers(also ten dollar guitar stands). They'll chemically interact with the finish on lots of guitars. I learned the hard way on a couple of nice guitars. I didn't get rid of the hangars and stands, though. I just removed the plastic/rubber coating and wrapped the metal with strips of old cotton t-shirts.

Most made for guitar hangers have non-interactive coatings.

hixmix said:
Watch the coating on those 99 cent hangers(also ten dollar guitar stands). They'll chemically interact with the finish on lots of guitars. I learned the hard way on a couple of nice guitars. I didn't get rid of the hangars and stands, though. I just removed the plastic/rubber coating and wrapped the metal with strips of old cotton t-shirts.

Most made for guitar hangers have non-interactive coatings.
I didn't know that.

None of those guitars are worth worrying about the finish, but it's good to know.

The nice part about the Hercules handers (and stands) is that they lock around the neck from the guitar weight. I have two of their stands and really like them. You'll never have a guitar fall out of one of their stands or hangers.

Ed

ez_willis said:
I didn't know that.

None of those guitars are worth worrying about the finish, but it's good to know.

You'd probably wanna be more careful with your new Gretsch.

ez_willis said:
ez_willis had a good idea... The world is coming to an end.

Back