Theme song from Movie "Midnight Cowboy"

EL34

Clown car chauffeur
I broke out my custom AB763 tube amp and my tube ReVibe to do this movie soundtrack from Midnight Cowboy

IMG_0636_small.jpg

I used a couple SM57's in Stereo on the amp
The ReVibe was used on the lead track for that cool Vibrato and Reverb sound
Most of the tracks are just the AB763 amp with Reverb and a touch of tremolo

I wanted that old hollywood guitar instrumental tone you heard in many westerns
The lead guitar may be a bit thin sounding on some systems.
It sounds great on my 5.2 surround system and my 100 watt stereo system with 18" woofers.
The lead guitar sounds a bit thin on one of my computer speaker systems

You can play it in a stand alone player on this page without downloading
http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Music/music1.htm

Here's the link if you want to download the file

This is mix#1

Sounds good to me. Sounds are big and clear. Nice website, very clean and organized, how did you come about creating it? Is it alot $ per month?

mellow nice playing...I know the tune and this is a nice version of it...you could almost turn this into a really nice ambient soundscape...nice work

nice web site-how did you come about creating it? Is it alot $ per month

Thanks,
EL34world is the information site for my business and all my hobbies
One of which is recording muzak :D
It has been growing for many years. There's are hundreds of pages on EL34world.com
Web hosting is cheap per month at IXwebhosting.com and they are awesome web host. Been through several web host, I know a good host. :)
Seems to me it's $8 a month, can't remember, but you can get sites for less than that at IX. I have some extra features enabled which cost a bit more.
What ever you do, stay away from creeps like GoDaddy. (I can tell you horrible stories about GoDaddy)

mellow nice playing...I know the tune and this is a nice version of it...you could almost turn this into a really nice ambient soundscape...nice work

Well geez, that is really cool to hear.
Thank you so much!
I usually do heavier sounding stuff, but this sort of thing is my roots (ventures guitar instrumental type stuff)

And for youz guys not familiar with the Movie "Midnight cowboy"
John Voight and Dustin Hoffman star in the film.
There are some other cool hit tunes from the movie like Everybody's talkin by Harry Nilsson.
It's worth a watch for sure

Link to netflix
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Midnig...5d30b_0_srl&strkid=971389414_0_0&trkid=222336

Last edited:
Interesting choice of covers. I haven't seen that movie in ages. I remember thinking it was pretty good way back when. The tremelo sounds pretty sweet. Nice spacious guitar sound with plenty of detail.

Edited.
Uh, yes the other John Hurt. :D

How it sound now?

Sorry, yeah ... that was a bit of a dick move on my part - pointing out a mistake and then not commenting on the tune.

I like it - really like the guitar tones and the mix - seems like all the instruments have their own space - something that I struggle with on my tunes. What guitar did you use to record?

Not a problem mr pipe

I was in a hurry I guess when I was typing.
Even though I was thinking John was Angelina Jolie's dad, I typed the name wrong.

It happens when I think about Angelina.

Attachments

• 20908_s.jpg
    20908_s.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 21
I was expecting to hear a cover of Nilsson's "Everybody's Talkin'."

Can you do that one, too? PleasePleasePlease?

Thanks guys but I don't sing very well and Everybody's talkin would not make a good instrumental tune.

While Harry Nilsson sang it, "Everybody's Talkin'" was written by Fred Neil.

Yeah, I remember that- but I was a huge Nilsson fan around that time- I found both his writing and the pieces he recorded/performed to be radically different from most everything I heard on the radio. He became a big influence, and "Everybody's Talkin'" was the second song I ever heard from him ("I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City" being the first) so I will always associate the song with him. IMHO, he is one of the best American songwriters, certainly of his generation, and I think he belongs in the same class as Gershwin, et. al.

Sorry to hijack the thread. We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.:)

Back