The Zone

shutupandshave

I was writing something earlier, and was talking about how I write, and it clarified a couple of things for me...

I tend to only write something when I am in "the zone", I dont know what that is, but having done a few things (running, discus, gaming (oddly, I did well at this)) too quite a high level in my town/country/the world, I realised that whenever I was performing better whilst in the zone at all of these things.

I found that the issue was not concentrating on writing songs, but to concentrating on putting myself in a position where I was able to write songs. That may be an irrelevant difference for some people, but doing something, and creating an environment in which doing the thing I want to do just flows is very different for me.

I know I am full of clichés, which is odd because they annoy me so much, but the other guys in the band did the *think for a minute* "yeah that's true", so I thought I'd write it.

Sorry if I'm saying really obvious things...

I guess another way to look at it would be that "giving up" is far more difficult than changing your life so that you dont do it anymore.

Very good post. (I've never understood why anyone would want to game to a very high level but each to his own.) Gotta get in the right mindset.

The last line of your post was spot on.

Back