The Wise Men's Journey - A Christmas Instrumental

George Parler

I recorded this several years ago on a Yamaha 4 track cassette recorder, using a Peavy DPM-3 keyboard. I dug it up out of the archives. If nothing else it is a good example how not to record an instrumental. But it's almost Christmas, so what the heck, here it is.

When I finished recording and listened, I could picture the three wise men traveling accross the desert under a full moon, following a star. But you might imagine a train wreck. :D

The Wise Men's Journey

<><
George

Wow, memories...

That DPM3, man, my late best friend used one, I recognized every one of those patches right off!

Nice, haunting journey you have there.... Nice textures and a cool mood. Well done!

Cheers,
Phil

Sorry about your friend Phil.

I really liked the DPM3. I kick myself everytime I think about it for ever getting rid of it.

Thanks for listening and your comments.

<><
George

Cool tune George,I liked the sax patch,very nice.
Very interesting production,is all that from just the DPM-3?
It all fits together very nicely.

Very enjoyable,thanks.

Happy Holidays,
Pete

George that was very nice! I can see your picture of the wisemen, even though I don't celebrate Christmas. But I can also see this instrumental used in a lot of other instrumental scenarios. It would make a great love song too. Maybe that's not so far off since Christ often refers to the church as his bride. Very nice!

muzeman said:
Cool tune George,I liked the sax patch,very nice.
Very interesting production,is all that from just the DPM-3?
It all fits together very nicely.

Very enjoyable,thanks.

Happy Holidays,
Pete

Hello Pete,

Yes, I played all the sounds on a DPM-3, drums and all.

Thanks for the listen,

<><
George

Terriel said:
George that was very nice! I can see your picture of the wisemen, even though I don't celebrate Christmas. But I can also see this instrumental used in a lot of other instrumental scenarios. It would make a great love song too. Maybe that's not so far off since Christ often refers to the church as his bride. Very nice!

Terriel,

I didn't know what it was going to be called until I finished the recording and sit back to listen. The wise men going across the desert at night is what I pictured in my mind, hence the name. But as you said, it could fit a number of scenarios.

Thanks for listening and for your comments.

Later,

<><
George

Very nice george..............I can see the wise men..........but it could also be a spaghetti western. I like it a lot. I did think it could be EQed a little differently but since it's years old I guess that's irrelevant. Nice bit of work.

Back