The Trolling issue..

true-eurt

Maneater
Victory Pete...I don't think it necessary for Muttley to attack the way he does, when someone says something not so smart or informed..but I also, think you have a knack for baiting and testing others in many of your replies...and that you KNOW you are doing it.

I think all have a right to post their own learning experiences ..and also, knowledge they have gathered elsewhere(as long as they state it is something they've only heard or read)..but I do think we need a warning at the top of each forum, that all should be awares that not everyone posting advice, knows what they are talking about.

I am going to to delete my post after today so as not to clutter this dude's thread anymore than necessary..and I will keep deleting the unnecessary childish posts that are hi-jacking this dude's thread..until I reach the point of my patient's end.
Take as long as you like True- I am not going to change my tack until one of three things happen. VP decides STFU, wises up, or stops posting continual drivel. This has gone on so long because the modding team has refused to do anything about it in the past on several occasions, choosing instead to ask him nicely to behave and wise up. Well guess what we tried that too way before any mods did.

You can of course ban me instead if you wish that way at least I will STFU but I can't say the same for VP.

All I've been doing recently is hastening the inevitable in order to get the matter dealt with once and for all. He has been asked many times to self moderate and he has clearly refused to do so.

The ball is now firmly in the hands of the mod team. How they choose to deal with it is entirely at their discretion.

Have a nice day. My work is done here.;)
Muttley...I have never even thought about banning you. I can't say the same for VP. I have read some okay post from him that went under attack just because..but I have also seen the ignorance and baiting. I've pretty much stayed outta the guitar forum Mod wise and not really kept up on VP situation...but when I read Newbie threads getting hijacked...not just by one or two post, but on and on, I get irritated.

Since so many of you here feel that VP is a - to this place rather than a +, I will gladly take a look at all his posts and ask the other mods to do so too..and go from there...now..that being said, I hope everyone will keep the squabble outta the dude's thread and bring it to this one.

Thanks
True

Okay, I understand what you are saying. How about if I have my disclaimer at the bottom of all my posts that what I speak of is my own personal opinion, experiences and observations. I am not sure how to do that but I see many members with there mottos and such at the bottom of all their posts.
Vp
You can put it in your sig all ya want..but when you are giving advice to someone and it is not your own experienced knowledge, you need to state it as such IN THE VERY POST.

You seem to have made quite a stir here in the Guitar forum with some of our most knowledgable members in this area..that doesn't exactly go in your favour, ya think? I am going to read your post and see what it is all about...if you have indeed been trolling, you will be banned without further ado. I hope it won't turn out that way.

True

Muttley...I have never even thought about banning you. I can't say the same for VP. I have read some okay post from him that went under attack just because..but I have also seen the ignorance and baiting. I've pretty much stayed outta the guitar forum Mod wise and not really kept up on VP situation...but when I read Newbie threads getting hijacked...not just by one or two post, but on and on, I get irritated.

Since so many of you here feel that VP is a - to this place rather than a +, I will gladly take a look at all his posts and ask the other mods to do so too..and go from there...now..that being said, I hope everyone will keep the squabble outta the dude's thread and bring it to this one.
I offered the solution of banning me as an option to you as that would undoubted stop my current behaviour. Nothing else will other than one of the three things I mentioned in my previous post directed at you. Frankly if you were to ban me I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

If you need any help finding threads that VP has ruined then I would be more than happy to point you to them. You can also speak to noisedude and Chili, both of whom have handed out warnings to him in the past.

The only way this is going to get fixed is if you or they as mods do something about it instead of issuing a "final, final, final warning".:rolleyes:

He's playing every member in here who's worth chatting with and I intend to keep doing the same to him. I am not really concerned how popular or unpopular I become as a result. There is a history of a good dynamic in this board, act don't react being the only option left to most of us who have had to put up with his constant drivel..

I dont think it is fair for anyone to constantly harass someone because of his post. If someone is thought to be wrong, other members should tell them what they think about their post and move on. I think personal attacks and rude insults are uncalled for. I have frequently tried to defend myself which turns the post into a mean battle. This must look rediculous to other members and visitors. I dont want that to continue, I like this forum, it is very informative and diverse. I would like to continue being a member.
Thanks
Pete

adminzh7.gif

I dont think it is fair for anyone to constantly harass someone because of his post. If someone is thought to be wrong, other members should tell them what they think about their post and move on. I think personal attacks and rude insults are uncalled for. I have frequently tried to defend myself which turns the post into a mean battle. This must look rediculous to other members and visitors. I dont want that to continue, I like this forum, it is very informative and diverse. I would like to continue being a member.
Thanks
Pete

So you don't think you've been given fair warning and you truly are Victim_Pete? Would you also like me to dig up those posts where you started handing out the insults and peddling your rubbish. Honestly VP if you relly are genuine you need to sit back and reflect on what is going on here. Suck it up dude.:rolleyes:

So you don't think you've been given fair warning and you truly are Victim_Pete? Would you also like me to dig up those posts where you started handing out the insults and peddling your rubbish. Honestly VP if you relly are genuine you need to sit back and reflect on what is going on here. Suck it up dude.:rolleyes:

I only made insults in my defense, it is only natural to defend oneself. All I am saying is people, namely you should state your opinion of my post and move on. If no one believes my statements that is fine, freedom of speech isnt it?
VP

I only made insults in my defense, it is only natural to defend oneself. All I am saying is people, namely you should state your opinion of my post and move on. If no one believes my statements that is fine, freedom of speech isnt it?
VP

No I extended olive branches in your direction even after you neg repped me with abuse before I'd come close to insulting you.

And before you get all in a bunch again, my freedom of speech is just as valid as your buster so I shall move on only when I am good and ready.

No I extended olive branches in your direction even after you neg repped me with abuse before I'd come close to insulting you.

And before you get all in a bunch again, my freedom of speech is just as valid as your buster so I shall move on only when I am good and ready.

That is not true, there is no way I started the mudslinging.
VP

True
It seems to me that mutley is the one stalking and trolling VP because every time VP posts mutley shows up right behind him to insult and tell him how stupid he is and on and on and frankly I am quite fed up with every time I open a thread i see the bickering between these two. enough is enough and frankly I think if mutley would just STFU this bickering back and forth would cease.

even if VP opinion is wrong he is still entitled to that opinion without being harassed by other forum members every time he submits a post

I have to give mutley his props he is very knowledgeable Luthier but his arogance and the way he talks down to everyone to build himself up is a big turn off.
I am just calling it as I see it

True
It seems to me that mutley is the one stalking and trolling VP because every time VP posts mutley shows up right behind him to insult and tell him how stupid he is and on and on and frankly I am quite fed up with every time I open a thread i see the bickering between these two. enough is enough and frankly I think if mutley would just STFU this bickering back and forth would cease.

even if VP opinion is wrong he is still entitled to that opinion without being harassed by other forum members every time he submits a post

I have to give mutley his props he is very knowledgeable Luthier but his arogance and the way he talks down to everyone to build himself up is a big turn off.

Yeh I remember having to neg rep you and call you out after you'd done the same thing to me. It is just you two though I've nevernegged anyone else here never because you and P are the onlyones who have duped offensive insultsin my in box.. Like I said recently though you aren't in the same league as VP.;)

True

Muttley is only giving back as he has been given.

He is treating VP's posts the way VP has treated everyone else's - with disdain and disrespect.

This may or may not be the best way to address the situation, but the fact remains that Mutt has a lot to offer the forum and VP very little.

This situation did not exist before VP started trolling, a fact that should be obvious to anyone that frequents this forum.

VP is the problem. I can't say it any simpler than that.

Oh, and True -

Thanks for having a look at the situation.

I do implore you and the other mods to take out the garbage. Believe me, this is not something I embrace lightly. But I've been in your position before on other boards and sometimes it's necessary.

I

He is treating VP's posts the way VP has treated everyone else's - with disdain and disrespect.

This may or may not be the best way to address the situation, but the fact remains that Mutt has a lot to offer the forum and VP very little.

This situation did not exist before VP started trolling, a fact that should be obvious to anyone that frequents this forum.

I dont treat others post with "disdain and disrespect" I have defended myself though. Where do some of you come up with these twisted comments.
VP

Whoa, back up a minit I do frequent the forums quite often and what I see is mutley insulting posts to VP after VP has posted. not the other way around

ya VP is wrong about a lot of things but there are other ways to address wrong information than to insult the person and harass them every time they post to a thread.
I honestly think by my observation that VP only lashes out with his insults and neg repping in his defense from constant attacks from mutley and his little posse IMO I think mutley gets off on seeing how much salt he can pour into a wound.

I agree Mutley has a lot to offer to the forum but not at the expense of being arrogant and rude to other forum members regardless of how wrong the other forum member is.
it is a matter of not what a person says but how it is said.
that is all I have to say about the matter.

Man, what a room full of whiny crybabies. "waaaah, you neg repped me and my feelings are hurt", "mommy, that other user is really mean, make him leave now mommy!!".

Fucking retards. Pull down your pants and make sure your scrotums are still attached. If they are, see a doctor ASAP about testosterone injections.

Oh, and True -

Thanks for having a look at the situation.

I do implore you and the other mods to take out the garbage. Believe me, this is not something I embrace lightly. But I've been in your position before on other boards and sometimes it's necessary.

I'd offer the same thanks if it was the first time but we have now had noisedude publicly ask him to think about what he is doing or suffer the consequence. Then we had Chili saying the same. I'm afraid I have little faith that anyone is going to act.

So before any of us bail or the board becomes worthless I shall play VP at his own game just for the hell of it.;)

I don't for one minute blame true, noisey or Chili it's hard to know what to do, it's just that we've been here before and each time it just gets a little more obvious. If they can ban Watermelon for a bit of rickrolling and restrict others like the AKEX to the cave then why............ well you know where thats going.

Here is the last mod warning post on VP from Chili. See what I mean about being there before. I'll try and find noisey's post before that one later. It's out there some where.:o

Thanks for everyone's comments. (BTW: I wrote that post before moving to the cave, which is why you guys are like, "This is the Cave, it's all Mob-Mentality here)

The one thing I don't want is the dynamics of the guitar forum to change, nor for one person to control the content. I've said this much to VP. He should be backing off and knows he's on a short leash.

Zaph, I know it's not what you wnt to hear, but sorry, it's gray zone. There's no out n out TOS violation I can ban him on. He's borderline troll, but more like what Supercreep said, obstinate.

So let's see how he does. If he doesn't change or still doesn't get along with the other members, I'll remove him.

...that is all I have to say about the matter.
Thanks. My turn. You don't know what you are talking about.

It's not about VP being wrong, it's about him being wrong-headed. He absolutely will not take correction and insists he is correct regardless of the ludicrous position he almost always finds himself in.

Then it gets ugly. Big surprise.

Because of the "public-service" nature of this forum it is important that wrong or foolish advice or information be exposed immediately so that some noob don't go screwing something up. After a certain point the membership gets weary of assuming this task and the value of the forum is reduced inexorably as the quantity of bad info increases. Better for the forum as a whole to eliminate the source of the bad info.

Having said that I am not in favor of an outright ban at this time. Maybe he can be educated on forum etiquette and objectives. Maybe not. A temporary restriction (1 week should get the point across) would be a good starting point. Escalate from there if required.

My .02.

lou

Back