The Tommy Gun Blues

Wild and Crazy man....super wild... :D

Vocals could use some processing for this...maybe compress the snot out of them, and use a small amount of distortion, to make them dirty. That might fit the wildness you've captured. :D
Maybe you could bring out a bit more lows in teh drums...they seem a bit thin, and could fill out the bottom a bit more without stepping on teh guitars.

Guitars are wild man...what can I say? Just wild.... :p

Cool one man...sounds like a great party tune. :cool:

Hey SnakeDog man, this is pretty cool. :)

Definitely raise the vox a little. The bass was a open on the low end and guitar sounded a little thin by comparison. So I'd say either take out some low end from the bass or add a little to the guitar so they all mesh well together. :)

The harmonica is really nice touch.

The ending is done very nicely. :)

Hell yes! Snake man, every tune you do has a nice fuck up'ed raw vibe. I love how the drums kicked in at 0:28 (absolutely kick ass). Rockin. Your tunes are like a classic B movie all wrapped in a song, alot of fun to listen to. Alot going on, sensory overload, but in a good way in my opinion. 3 thumbs up man and one of em' ain't really a thumb.

(if you ever need a retarded guitar solo, call on me. :D )

Thanks guys, glad you fun, I'm right on a remix :D

Dogman - how you been man? glad you enjoyed dog, I thought the same thing as you, I added a little bit of distortion on the vox and really wanted to add more but thought it messed up the clarity too much. I agree though, I'll try to figure out how to distort them more. Had some fun with the guitar work on this one :D

Bubba - thanks man, I'll try to figure out the vox, maybe do a few more takes on the that first verse too. I'll work with the low end you guys are talking about too. The harp was fun, in the ending the harp stops and I yell "ow!" cause it fell out of my mouth and landed on my foot! Thanks again!

Timboz - thanks man, if someone held a real Tommy Gun up to me and said "write a normal song" I couldn't do it and I'd be dead right now :o :D

TravisinFlorida said:
Hell yes! Snake man, every tune you do has a nice fuck up'ed raw vibe. I love how the drums kicked in at 0:28 (absolutely kick ass). Rockin. Your tunes are like a classic B movie all wrapped in a song, alot of fun to listen to. Alot going on, sensory overload, but in a good way in my opinion. 3 thumbs up man.

(if you ever need a retarded guitar solo, call on me. :D )

Haha, thanks T man, I'll leave a space open for a retarded solo sometime :D . At 0:28 and the SoLO I added a techno beat to the real beat. I threw so much junk into this song that I can't mix it anymore, just having fun... glad you guys enjoy it too so far :D

(love the B-movies too, they inspire me sometimes :D )

TravisinFlorida said:
there must be like 50 instruments in there. :D i dig the trumpet and harmonica.

22 tracks to be exact, then I hit the "effects limit" for guitar tracks pro. Don't worry, I'll find a way around that... definitely want to add more trumpet to songs too :D

Hey Snakedoggy... Intro is classic Snakedog.

Sig wah guitar...you are lovin' that Fender Lady aren't you ? ;)

Got a Bob Dylan on acid flavour to the vox. :D :D :D

Is that howling I hear at 1:14 ? :eek: :D

The drum beat you use is like a sig to your tunes. Gets my body moving.

Your stuff is so creative and you have the ballz to record it too !! You go Snakedoggy !!! :cool:

The harmonica is just the right touch for this song. There are some hot spots on the mouth harp though... :eek: A little tweaking should fix them right up.

The ending is superb!! Please don't change it !!!

True :) :) :)

true-eurt said:
Your stuff is so creative and you have the ballz to record it too !!

I could'nt have said it better. The man has ballz this >

> BIG

as big as between those two points there. :D

we should all have balls that big........even true.

TravisinFlorida said:
I could'nt have said it better. The man has ballz this >

> BIG

as big as between those two points there. :D

we should all have balls that big........even true.
Careful what you ask for....don't forget the mic test. :D :eek:

snakedog & the tiajuana pliscobin eaters mariachi militia blues wailers,
Nice work. The intro is entirely misleading - I thought it would be a faux freak out followed by a meldious turn based on the limitations of the combined use of brass & reed. Instead it was a warm up for a Fabulous Freak out.
I like, I like rwally very much.
Fun
Fun
Fun
'til your daddy takes the bottle away.

Your vocals are more present than ever and I like that, your range is very good, something that might not have been as apparent on past vocals...
The drums have a great room sound to them - how are they treated?
This is a wild ride through the musical imagination of Snakedog! Always enjoy your creativity combined with slick grooves and unbridled guitar playing.

:) :D :) :D

Thanks much for the kind words guys and shark, definitely inspires me to experiment more :D :)

True – New Strat and I are in love! hehe, I actually tend to howl at times during the mouth organ track when I'm not playing it :D I'll look into compressing the harmonica some too. Thanks!

Travis - Yes ladies, take note ;) :p

ido - cool you like the vox, I'm feeling more and more comfortable singing the more I do it. I'll probably go back and remix/redo some older songs sometime too. Drums have a bit of verb and I add a pretty heavy techno beat to the Simon drums at parts too, just kinda liked the sound to that.

Bulls – Thanks man. Yeah music is my stress release, so whenever it’s jam time anything goes. Good times :D

Ray – Bottle of water? I might get dehydrated, I live in a desert :eek: Hehe, anyway thanks man, gotta dig a good freak out.

Oh yeah, another thing guys, here's a pic of the real Tommy Gun in my life (my cat :D )

Attachments

• Tommy Gun.jpg
    Tommy Gun.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 47
Gorty said:
I am having trouble getting it to play!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

I'll get it!!

You're the Kangster00! Just rough soundclick up some to get your way or use big $$$.

Here's a close up of the Kangster00 on the cover art for everyone :cool: ;)

Attachments

• Kangster00.jpg
    Kangster00.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 36
Back