The Thrill Is Gone

The guitar parts and the drums seem ok. The bass part seems too repetitious. A real bass player will move things around a lot more than that.

I like a lot of what you’ve done. I think some (different?) reference tracks might take to somewhere else in the mix. (Buddy Guy’s latest really makes my ears smile.)

The guitar parts and the drums seem ok. The bass part seems too repetitious. A real bass player will move things around a lot more than that.

Maybe one reason you noticed it is because it's stuck out there on the right all on its onesie, so it gets really noticed. I hit mono and it sounds better.

I wasn't really talking about the sound, but the patterns. It would be akin to using only a couple of drum patterns for a whole track.

I probably noticed because I've had to play bass for several jams over the years, and for my own recordings. I'm a guitar player, and playing bass seemed like it would be simple, but listening to bass players is like listening a guitar solo. If you play the same riff over and over and over again, it gets boring. Slight timing changes add to the feel. It also helps to complement or enhance the simple chord structure of a blues track.

I wasn't really talking about the sound, but the patterns. It would be akin to using only a couple of drum patterns for a whole track.

I probably noticed because I've had to play bass for several jams over the years, and for my own recordings. I'm a guitar player, and playing bass seemed like it would be simple, but listening to bass players is like listening a guitar solo. If you play the same riff over and over and over again, it gets boring. Slight timing changes add to the feel. It also helps to complement or enhance the simple chord structure of a blues track.
I totally agree with you....the bass is very boring.....!

Jeff

The wife pricked up her ears while I was playing this. 'Who's that? He sounds black'. :D
The progression is a tad too traditional for me but you sure got some chops and the vocal is great.

The wife pricked up her ears while I was playing this. 'Who's that? He sounds black'. :D
The progression is a tad too traditional for me but you sure got some chops and the vocal is great.
Naw....I'm a cracker o_O LOL
But seriously, thank you!!!!!!!

Back