The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Thanks for listening Ray and Rami , I appreciate it!

Incredible, David. But how do you pull out the emotion?? You can't just walk into a piece like this cold and bring it to life?? Can you??

If you ever attend a Symphony "pops" concert, chances are that they first saw the music a few hours before the concert. That's it. It's not passed out in advance, you just go there at 3 and get to run through it one time, then do the show at 8. Needless to say, you have to be a really good sight-reader.

My recordings have two elements, synths and strings. For the synth stuff I use every trick in the book. Slow down tempos, quantize, copy/paste, massive editing, notation programs, you name it. I cant begin to tell you how much of it is trickery.:D My keyboard skills are very average, I couldnt do this in concert in a million years.

The violin stuff is usually done in a day, it comes at the very end. I usually mix it as I go, this isnt something that you can have a "mixing session" for. After it's all mixed I just drop in the fiddles. I always have two identical projects. I do all the strings in the second one and submix them into the first. It's all quite devious.:D

This made me want to go and score some acid !!!! I dont know how many times I would put in the Fantasia vhs tape (yes Im that old) and play it during many of our all night parties. Was not unusual to see 20 people freakin out in front of the tv at 2:00 am. Love it !!!!!!!!

Yeah, this is great. I just start smiling and even laughing before a minute into it. That means I'm just totally grooving on the music instead listening clinically and/or critically. Which all means it's that good.

Don't even know what to call 'em but I love the patch that comes in at 2:13. Love the synth sounds at 3:15 the motion is great--then the...

oh hell...I could say something at every ten seconds. I'm just gonna listen now. This is wonderful!

Thanks for listening Bushmaster, Llarion and White Strat! Gonna put this one away for a month and come back to it. It's beginning to give me a headache!:D I'm gonna go back and finish one of the "kinder, gentler" ones.;)

Back