The Sheik of Absurdistan

This is excellent.....real clarity and nice mix...i could almost hear this going in a trip hop direction like "Nightmares on Wax" with the rhythm...id love to hear what a re-mixer would do with this

and Im on crappy speakers :)

Im just experimenting with percussion just now but it doesnt sound as good as your attempt....maybe you can give it a listen to?

I agree with KC. I didn't make it clear that I was not panning the recording, and you seemed a bit underwhelmed with the comments to that point.

It's a viable commercial recording...quality-wise. And certainly a candidate for publication and use in a modern film scene ...most likely a vintage remake looking for original score. Nothing wrong with it. Really captures the flavor of the 70's copshow era.

hehe
didn't really realize it's like funky 70s tv music
was listening to can (the krautrock band) all day right before i recorded that

Yeah, this is pretty cool man. :)

The main repeating riff suggests some kind of early pink floyd type piece (careful with that axe eugene - or something like that) but it certainly departs from that sound from time to time. There are just enough change-ups to keep it interesting throughout. I really like all of the additional percussion sounds that come and go.

Love the fact that this was done on cassette. Never used the yamaha products myself (MT8X or something like that?), but have done a lot with tascam tape machines and I think you've done really well with this medium.

Back