The Sea

michaelwookey

I have a new song... well a new album actually... but there is a song I'd like you all to listen to and give your humble feedback. It's called The Sea and is available here http://www.michaelwookey.com/music.php (second song)

I hope you like it, but either way, give me feedback on the mixing, the recording and anything you feel is valid. It was recorded in my home studio.

Sounds good...At first I wasnt sure because of the low fi crackling noise at the beginning.

The mixing isnt to bad...its a bit harsh on the ear but its not bad or anything...it sounds cool but just a bit harsh however its sounds pretty good for a home recording.

I find everything in mix is lacking bottom end and the reverb is sort of tunnel like in sound...the mix lacks warmth and bottom end.

Its a nice clear mix however the lack of bottom end makes it harsh and not warm in sound.

Having said that I still think it sounded pretty good though.

Sounds very nice Mr Wookey.

I always enjoy checking out your recordings as the arrangements are always deceptively simple yet very inventive.

While I liked the up-frontness of the vocals, there seems to be excessive sibilance there that is almost slushy sounding and a bit harsh. Sorry, not able to articulate that too well, but hopefully you'll know what I mean.

Back