And we're on this one thinking it won't
True to form our vision of order
Was cloud-free up until
A certain Mr. Murphy done us the dirty
Served us up a bitter pill
Again and again the laws of nature prove laws aren't enough
And then the voice of reason flies off the deep-end
That's why people fall in love

Who's the dudes who's leaking the secrets?
Astronauts and heretics
Archimedes just couldn't keep it
And look what happened to the Greeks
Yuri Gagarin told Joe Stalin
But Joe's not telling me
And Dicky Burton's final curtain
Fell before he spilled the beans
Albert Einstein nailed space time
But the wild thing had him stumped
Al baby, two and two makes five and a quarter

And our lives are a grain of sand
Snack-time for a moonbeam
And tonight is a perfect night
To dissolve in this ocean of lights
And fall in love

Trains collide on a regular basis
Stars explode and fireworks don't
A sea runs dry and a moon leaves its orbit
And we're on this one hoping it won't
I've been all around this flat old Earth
And I still ain't got it sussed
But I guess some nights the universe runs circles around us

That's why
Why people fall in love

The funny thing about science is, people believe it to be a fact. But really, it is only the interpretation of something observed, based upon our understanding at the time of observance.
LOL Fo Sho! The only sure thing is that we don't know what we don't know!

Sadly, we most likely never will. :unsure:

The funny thing about science is, people believe it to be a fact. But really, it is only the interpretation of something observed, based upon our understanding at the time of observance.
That certainly is true but the thing that makes science different than everything else is that a true scientist when studying a subject, will be able to change they’re previous understanding based on new information discovered. In other words, admit they were wrong, or misunderstood. Unfortunately the general population of non scientist humans don’t have the ability to admit when they’re wrong even when the body of evidence strongly contradicts they’re position.

That certainly is true but the thing that makes science different than everything else is that a true scientist when studying a subject, will be able to change they’re previous understanding based on new information discovered. In other words, admit they were wrong, or misunderstood
I would say "Unfortunately" not just the general population but many so called scientist, researchers, historians etc are not "True Scientist" as you define above. Admitting you were wrong is hard for most people

Many consciously and or subconsciously skew the data to fit the story they are trying to tell..i.e.. "Lying with statistics" Happens all the time...

We have been told so many things in our lives served to us as solid facts that end up being bullshit...

There is no end to it. All you can do is take an epistemological approach to the knowledge you procure knowing for a fact that we don't now, nor will we ever know all of what we don't know.

Last edited:
That certainly is true but the thing that makes science different than everything else is that a true scientist when studying a subject, will be able to change they’re previous understanding based on new information discovered. In other words, admit they were wrong, or misunderstood. Unfortunately the general population of non scientist humans don’t have the ability to admit when they’re wrong even when the body of evidence strongly contradicts they’re position.
I go on the assumption that I am never right.

I would say "Unfortunately" not just the general population but many so called scientist, researchers, historians etc are not "True Scientist" as you define above. Admitting you were wrong is hard for most people

Many consciously and or subconsciously skew the data to fit the story they are trying to tell..i.e.. "Lying with statistics" Happens all the time...

We have been told so many things in our lives served to us as solid facts that end up being bullshit...

There is no end to it. All you can do is take an epistemological approach to the knowledge you procure knowing for a fact that we don't now, nor will we ever know all of what we don't know.
Yah I totally agree sadly, and we seem to be seeing this trend more and more lately.

This.

I go on the assumption that I am never right.

Hence the sig line I had here for a while:

I reserve the right to change who I am, my opinions, my views, and my actions based on new and more accurate information that I receive.

(which at least one forum member criticized me for :facepalm: )

As I assume you agree - we nonetheless have no option but to proceed with our affairs by going with what we think we know is true. Otherwise we would have never evolved to this point and built a giant technological civilization.

Three steps forward, one step back.

Reactions: TAE
What a long strange trip it's been...
seek wisdom and proceed as best you can with what you have.
Improvise, adapt and overcome with a persistence beyond exception

Hence the sig line I had here for a while:

I reserve the right to change who I am, my opinions, my views, and my actions based on new and more accurate information that I receive.

(which at least one forum member criticized me for :facepalm: )

Did not! :mad:

What I kind of said: Such reservations have become somewhat trendy these days. For instance, and relevant to this thread, some will use the science with an absolute certainty and in some instances authority to bash over the head those who are I suppose actually following a more proper scientific approach of questioning, and proceed with prudence & caution based on the limited information of the moment. As time passes, those certainties are proven to have been fubar to the truth, and science. There is rarely a mea culpa, or even a genuine acknowledgement. No. You're met with the ol'(or trendy new), "we didn't know what we didn't know. Intelligent people reserve the right to change their mind as more information is made available. You're just dumb."

Who initially was closer to the truth, and the science? As is sometimes said, ignorance is no excuse.

Perhaps a run-on sentence or two there, but that is basically what I said. This trend kind of bugs me, particularly when it compromises my autonomy. ymmv

As I assume you agree - we nonetheless have no option but to proceed with our affairs by going with what we think we know is true. Otherwise we would have never evolved to this point and built a giant technological civilization.

Three steps forward, one step back.
Maybe we make it up as we go along and will it to be true.

Maybe we make it up as we go along and will it to be true.
One things's for sure - we make a lot of shit up.

I prefer cold hard truth, facts, logic, reason. I have a strong distaste for bullshit, fantasy, manufactured drama and just generally... human constructs that are not based in facts, logic, and reason.

One things's for sure - we make a lot of shit up.

I prefer cold hard truth, facts, logic, reason. I have a strong distaste for bullshit, fantasy, manufactured drama and just generally... human constructs that are not based in facts, logic, and reason.
I think you may have misunderstood where I am coming from? Language is a poor tool to convey certain things.

That's very likely. Probable, even. Feel free to clarify. Or not.:-)
Okay, lets take a record for example. I don't know exactly how they are made, a master gets grooved. The master gets copied. The needle goes into the groove
through the cartridge to the preamp, out the amp into the speakers and we hear it. It all works fine, sounds great. Has very tried and true theory describing the process. I stated earlier we are very good at describing things but not very good at getting down to the real nitty gritty. Maybe we just will it all to work. We take little steps at a time and will them into existence as an explanaton of the subject at hand. Take a tree, tell me what it is. You can describe it's many different characteristics and give a name etc, but what IS IT? Language is a poor tool.
Last question, how many grooves on a record?

Back