The Same Sun Rises (For Us All)

its listenable, recording was decent volume and no ear spikes! that = good job imo.
liked the kick drum going from left to right stereo,clever.
the picture is of the sun setting in the west isnt it? hmm? maybe an A & B side...

that Battle of Brighton was really good too, great guitar rythm real thick and punchy.

Who is Never? One of Mick's friends? Tell him to stop.

That is a nice chill man. The mix is pretty nice, but there were some areas that droned on. Cool.
Hahaha , boy didn't catch that ....thanks for listening, agree its a bit droney, needs a melodic change , or possibly edit/shorten.

its listenable, recording was decent volume and no ear spikes! that = good job imo.
liked the kick drum going from left to right stereo,clever.
the picture is of the sun setting in the west isnt it? hmm? maybe an A & B side...

that Battle of Brighton was really good too, great guitar rythm real thick and punchy.
Yes, I like how that drum part came out , it was a panning plugin synched to beat.
I took that picture of a sunrise over Lake Huron from Oscoda Michigan...Sunrises are epic from that location.
Thanks for listening to The Battle Of Brighton as well, that was a fun one to do, trying to figure out vocals for it now.

There is something weird going on with the stereo image - the rhythm parts are kind of out phase or something.
hmm weird have to go back and listen with headphones....there are 3 tracks of guitars all recorded in mono 1 panned hard left , 1 panned hard right , and 1 center , all playing different parts that I was hoping would mesh together. Maybe its just sloppy/out of time playing causing that effect?

Didn't listen to your song on headphones. On speakers it sounds normal. I noticed similar out-of-phase sounds sometimes when recording rhythm guitar tracks as well. For me it usually helps to pan the tracks not full left/right to make it disappear.

hmm weird have to go back and listen with headphones....there are 3 tracks of guitars all recorded in mono 1 panned hard left , 1 panned hard right , and 1 center , all playing different parts that I was hoping would mesh together. Maybe its just sloppy/out of time playing causing that effect?
Not sloppy playing at all - it's like the parts are out of phase - so when the image is blended they shift the spatial relationship.

Not sloppy playing at all - it's like the parts are out of phase - so when the image is blended they shift the spatial relationship.
Gotcha, I'm going to try Trichters suggestion and pull the hard panned left and right guitars a little back into center.....I'm hearing what you describe as well now.

Good job Mang! Me likey smooth n cool dude! The same sun rises ( for us all ) Was thinking lyric lines and thought "for everyone" fit better for me...but it's a groovy feel there...and I like the idea of it's the same sun everywhere...I've pondered that exact thought many times as I have traveled the world and watch it rise and set.... same sun for sure but the sunrises and sunsets they vary dependent upon where you're watching them from...

Back