The Rose Parade Do you watch it on New Years morning?

Do you traditionally watch the Rose Parade on TV on New Years morning?

• Yes every New years morning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I hate it! It's weird! It's lame!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

TAE

All you have is now
So I live in Covina @ 15 miles from where the Rose Parade goes down each year. So here in So Cal it's a big deal. About half the floats are constructed just up the street from me in Irwindale. So it also bolsters the local economy for a minute or so.

I've woken up to it on TV every New years morning ever since I was a little kid. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least watch a little bit of it.

Question to all of ya's that don't live close by.......Do you watch it? Do you "give a damn" about it? Curious how myopic my world view is on this monumental event.

As I've mentioned. I grew up in SoCal and did attend once or twice as a kid. But as I got older I stopped caring one way or the other. Usually out playing football with my friends as a teenager on New Year's Day.

Reactions: TAE
I graduated High School in El Toro, '84. Back then, my parents would make a point of watching it... so, I didn't have much of a choice lol.
I haven't seen it since 😝

Hmm. Watching the parade on TV….

Nah was never into it as a youth. That was more a ‘old people’ recovering from a New Year’s Eve hangover activity. :D

Even as an adult I never had any interest. It was always kind of the background noise for New Year’s Day.

I did go in person once and saw the game. That was cool. Except for the traffic and congestion.

The best part was the next day, where you can actually walk around and see all the floats up close. Quite the artistry involved.
:D

As a teen we went there on New Years eve and PARTIED! That's where I was introduced to Seagrams 7 and Southern Comfort...YUCK!!
Stayed there all night and watched the parade for a while before heading home...a zoo indeed. As an Adult I had a customer who lived in the area that was closed to the public...She was able to give out passes and had a pre parade party at her shack where we PARTIED and then we were able to go check out the floats pre parade on New years eve. It was cool until the wife kind of drank a bit too much and that made for a "lets get the hell out of here" and get her home thing.

I still get up and turn it on and watch for a while...never the whole parade anymore but definitely it is a every New Years morning thing for me..I'd feel like I missed something if I didn't.

As I've mentioned. I grew up in SoCal and did attend once or twice as a kid. But as I got older I stopped caring one way or the other. Usually out playing football with my friends as a teenager on New Year's Day.
Where'd you grow up? If you mentioned it before I forget.

As a pre-teen and early teen, I was in our VFW's Color Guard. We used to march in many of our local parades as well as in national competitions. I was a member of our rifle drill team. I also trained with flags in case I needed to sub for someone. I did watch all the holiday parades up until I left the Post and moved away. Sooo . . I've pretty much had my fill of parades. Don't watch them nowadays.

I grew up in Irvine and I'm back visiting for the holidays. We went up to Pasadena to hear some live jazz and we saw all the bleachers set up along the parade route. But I've never seen it in person.

Newport Beach. Live there until I was twenty seven and then move to north texas.
Oh you poor son of gun having to grow up and live in such a horrible place...Newport Dunes n all That city holds some especially cool and fond memories for me.

I haven't watched TV since at least the late eighties. I have missed out on everything that I only read about or see clips of. I did see every episode of the Three Stooges, All in the Family and the Twilight zone if that counts? Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn if it does or it doesn't. I could be lying?

Oh you poor son of gun having to grow up and live in such a horrible place...Newport Dunes n all That city holds some especially cool and fond memories for me.
There is no getting around it. My dad being an avid sailor and in the charter boat business in Newport Harbor.... it felt normal at the time... but my childhood (in the 70's) and teen years (in the 80's), looking back on it, seem charmed and idealistic. I was incredibly fortunate to have that place, at that time, as my backyard playground.

I could be lying?
Were your lips moving? :laughings:

Happy New Year to you sir Jerry to all the Mo Fo's and Fa Fo's (yeah I just made that up) here at HR.com
My New Years resolution is that I am going to make a concerted effort to avoid coming here and wasting tick tock on small talk.
I'll still drop in and expound upon my ignorance now and then. Just seems to me that the clock of life is winding down a whole lot faster than I anticipated and I got a lot of goals, aspirations and exasperations I really hope I can achieve and or conquer before my expiration here in this dream within a dream.

I can't believe how time flies
But it sure goes fast
Can't believe how time flies
Changing present into past

Seems I was just a young boy
60 years ago
Now I've become an old man
Where did all the time go?

The clock of life is ticking
To it's steady beat
but the clock ain't going nowhere
It's on a dead end street :eek:

Eat, drink and be merry. Live ,love and laugh. Live your life like there's no tomorrow for your next breath could be your last.

🤣 Happy New Year!

Were your lips moving? :laughings:

Happy New Year to you sir Jerry to all the Mo Fo's and Fa Fo's (yeah I just made that up) here at HR.com
My New Years resolution is that I am going to make a concerted effort to avoid coming here and wasting tick tock on small talk.
I'll still drop in and expound upon my ignorance now and then. Just seems to me that the clock of life is winding down a whole lot faster than I anticipated and I got a lot of goals, aspirations and exasperations I really hope I can achieve and or conquer before my expiration here in this dream within a dream.

I can't believe how time flies
But it sure goes fast
Can't believe how time flies
Changing present into past

Seems I was just a young boy
60 years ago
Now I've become an old man
Where did all the time go?

The clock of life is ticking
To it's steady beat
but the clock ain't going nowhere
It's on a dead end street :eek:

Eat, drink and be merry. Live ,love and laugh. Live your life like there's no tomorrow for your next breath could be your last.

🤣 Happy New Year!
Happy new year.
I didn't realize it was new years eve. I had to do the knuckle trick to check which months had 31 days. If I didn't read this thread I probably wouldn't even know. I spent the whole day getting the conduit in the trench and the wire through the conduit. Took me all day and I busted my butt.
Basically the same song you just wrote.

Last edited:
Back